cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase vacation quota Vs Regular vacation in CATS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear HCM champs,

I have an production issue in CATS, as per rule Employees are not supposed to be able to enter a purchase vacation hrs.

in CATS screen until his regular vacation is finished.

This functionality is not working now, employees are able to enter purchase vacation hrs.

whereas he is having sufficient regular vacation quota hrs.

Please suggest how to troubleshoot this issue.

Thanks,

Diy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ShrutiJoshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I understand correctly, your requirement is to let the regular vacation quota get exhausted prior to the use of purchase vacation quota. If so you can achieve this via the deduction rule. Mention in sequence first the regular vacation quota and then the purchase vacation quota. And give Priority 1 to Quota Types. This would deduct from the regular vacation quota first even if the employee books purchase vacation in timesheet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shruti,

Thank u for your promt reply.

I have checked in config, in Deduction rule, first regular vac quota and then Vac purchased quota
maintained with priority 1 in both types. Any other clue?

ShrutiJoshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In that case you dont have to worry about deductions. Even if the employee enters purchase vacation hours, the quota would be deducted from regular hours only till it is exhausted.

However, if you want that the leave type itself should not be avaialble for entry in CATS then you have to check the absence display config accordingly.