Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase & sales tracking

sapmm6_kumar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I need to keep a track of the purchase price of all the materials dispatched from a depot. Based on the purchase price & the sale price , a local tax has to be calculated. The batch management is not active & so cannot be used to know the landed price of the material . Is there any other alternate way to build up a relation between purchase & sale.

Thanks & Regards,

Nitin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sudeep_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it a trading business? or is there any manufacturing activity?

If its trading, amount in COGS will be your purchase price and amount in Revenue a/c will be your sales price. You can get the difference in FBL3N itself.

Regards,

Sudeep.

sapmm6_kumar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sudeep,

Thanks for your reply. This is a trading business. I want to know the price of each material at what it was purchased & compare the sale price for the same material.

Thanks & Regards,

Kumar

sudeep_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is no standard report for landing cost i guess. But the amount in COGS would be exactly your landing cost. One work around using FBL3N is, execute with COGS and Revenue G/L in multiple entries of G/L, enter required period and execute. Include material in layout. Filter with your required material. Now you can see the purchase price and sales price.

Regards,

Sudeep.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are not using batch, system cant track which material came in which price and which is sold. It will just keep track of total material quantity only and the corresponding total value. You cant track it MM reports.

FBL3N could be an option as explained by Sudeep.

Regards,

AKPT