cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase Requisition Closure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) I have a scenario where a PR is raised for 100 qty of a certain item and released. A PO is then created (based on the PR) for Qty of 70. Now I donu2019t want another PO to be created for the remaining 30 qty (based on the same PR).

So is there a way to close (not delete) a purchase requisition even after it has been released so no more purchase order can be created out of it?

2) How to configure the SAP to automatically close a PR, if a PO is created for all items of a PR (with the exact quantities in the PR)?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How do you convert the warning to an error message when creating PO with refrence ed to a Closed PR?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SPRO > Materials Management > Purchasing > Environment Data > Define Attributes of System Messages > System messages

Set Message 06076 Materials of requisition & item & alr. ordered in full to E for Error

tejyadav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,other way round is set the block ID as 1 in status tab of PR at item level,also you can mention the desired reason for blocking, in this way also the PR will get blocked from further processing of PO.

OR you can maintain the following:

Application 06, No. 076 as a error"E" in system message for purchasing.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

ajitkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can close PRs manually created & those created from demand management in the PO from the delivery schedule tab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) To close a PR you need to go to ME52N on Quanity /Date tab available at the item level. Here you can check the 'Closed' indicator and this will mark the PR as closed. This means that the PR will no longer have a open quantity displayed in various reports. However, when the user attempts to create a PO with reference to a closed PR, the system will generate a warning message (if you want to restrict the users from creating a PO for a closed PR, you would need to change this warning message into an error).

2) Standard SAP automatically checks the "Closed' Checkbox for PR's that have been converted into a PO in full quantity. You dont need to worry about this.

Regards.

Osayed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You cannot automatically set the PR closed.

You have do it manually or use LSMW to close the PR periodically. ME52N on Quanity /Date tab at item level enable the indicator closed

kailas_ugale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) ME52N on Quanity /Date tab at item level there indicator Closed ,mark it

Purchase Requisition Closed

Flags a purchase requisition as closed, that means that no further purchase orders are to be created for this purchase requisition.

2 ) not sure

Regards

Kailas Ugale