cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

purchase order

Former Member
0 Kudos

at present during purchase order creation system is allowing user to make changes in material description. we want to restrict this changes for few document types belongs to one of of our company code.

plz suggest process flow

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go with below mention path:-

SPRO >> Materials Management >> Purchasing >> Purchase Order >> Define Screen Layout at Document Level .

Here select your po document type and change field status of Material description field from optional to display.

Regards,

Mahesh Wagh

Former Member
0 Kudos

i just tried, still it's not impacting. where as if make this config changes for ME21N transaction it's working but impacting my other document types also.

plz suggest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try changing the Same for other field groups & check...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just tried. still i am not able keep it as display for some of my document types.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Field selection in PO is dependent on:

Item category--PT0F/1F/...9F

Activity type--AKTH

field selection doc type--NBF

Transaction type---ME21N/22N/23N

Parameter --EFB($$$$)

Also transation variant--SHD0

You ahve to check all the relevant field selection keys and define according to your reqt..

Regards,

Deepak.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

hi,

goto config. for field selection for document types for po and transaction related field selections for me21n&me22n select the Material description field as display for all the above combunations. you can restrict the user to edit the material desrciption text.

IMG--Materialmanagement-PurchasingPurchase order---field selection

thanks,

Ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Goto, OLME ---> Purchase Order -

> Define Screen layout at Document Level ---> Choose Field Selection Group for your Doc type

and make the Description field into Display..