Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase order Deduction

hubaibnedu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a requirement in our organization. Amount paid directly by finance with reference to Project system WBS network to be deducted from total value and shown in a Purchase order with reference to same network.

As a MM consultant, I can say that it is not possible to show any deduction in Purchase order other than discounts. But this to double check with experts here. Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member469721
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hubaib,

Showing as discount is the only option. Check whether if you can have text written for the discount. so that you know the reason for the discount in PR/PO.

Regards,

Pradeep

hubaibnedu
Participant
0 Kudos

This deduction is actually a fine to sub contractor and it is posted by FI department in vendor recon account. So I checked there is no text field in PO conditions header or item level. Moreover if we make it as deduction in PO condition, can it be linked to deduction that is posted directly in vendor recon account?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are they posting down payments to vendors? Is there a reference to a PO?

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What about trying a Returns Item on the PO?

hubaibnedu
Participant
0 Kudos

I believe return items are used whenever supplier has to provide some items along with goods, like Iron rods in truck which support safe delivery. But here the scenario is different, which is only a cash deduction which is unplanned.

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A return item on a PO is for returning items to a vendor which results in a debit to the vendor.

hubaibnedu
Participant
0 Kudos

I got answer, this can addressed in unplanned services through service procurement.

negative value can be included in service entry so and so.