cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

purchase order change log

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Am i right to say that when a new Purchase order is created, there can be no change log?

Am i right to say that not any field change in purchase order will result in change log?

best regards

Pascal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Experts,

>

> Am i right to say that when a new Purchase order is created, there can be no change log?

>

> Am i right to say that not any field change in purchase order will result in change log?

>

> best regards

> Pascal

SAP will not show change log for new created POs, as you can only change what is present in the database.

Any change on defaults done during creation are not logged in the PO change logs.

Are you thinking of a certain field which might not be logged? Changes in long texts will not be logged in detail with old and new value, just general that a change to a text had happened.

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

avudaiappan_e
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

In general, whenever a new PO is created, CDHDR table will have a record with change flag = "I" (insert) and when an existing PO is changed, it'll have an entry with flag = "U" (update) with the PO number as object value

Thanks !

E.Avudaiappan

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

but SAP will not show you the "I" (insert) records in the change history in ME23N

avudaiappan_e
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I agree with you Jürgen, what i wanted to mention was, changes can also be checked in the CDHDR table.

Thanks !

E.Avudaiappan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have also the same comment as given by Mr.Jurgen L.

Regards,

Bijay Pradhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try cdpos and cdhdr for change log in PO.

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes,you are right,but data record is inserted for newly created purchase order.Check it in AUT10 for ME21N.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If any changes made in PO than it will show the values when you will see the log but if changes not made than log will be blanck.

Regards,

Manish Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

all normal PO body changes can be recorded, even the PO release status.

you can see the change record from enter PO (me23n me22n ) then Environment => Item changes Or => Header Changes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

PO Log changes -> use ME2M Transaction

Goto ME2M Transaction -> Enter po number(Doc Number) -> execute -> select line item -> click on changes.