cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase item for free stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all.

we got a needs to identify the item we buy for free stock.

What I mean, is that most of the time we buy from our supplier based on a specific order of a customer, but sometimes, since we are a trading company, we buy as well for free stock (especially the items that we sell more).

Are you aware of some query or functionality in order to identify all the items that are bough just to get the material in stock?

Thank you in advance

Roberto

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member186712
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

I think that this SQL is what you need.

Now it's correct.

SELECT T0.[DocNum], T0.[DocDate], T0.[CardCode], T1.[ItemCode], T1.[Quantity] FROM OPDN T0  INNER JOIN PDN1 T1 ON T0.DocEntry = T1.DocEntry left join POR1 T2 on T2.DocEntry = T1.BaseEntry and  T2.BaseLine = T1.BaseLine  WHERE T0.[DocDate] >=[%0] AND  T0.[DocDate] <=[%1] and IsNull(T2.BaseType, '') <> '17'

Best regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Augusto,

your query could works when we would generate all the PO for a customer request directly from the SO, but is not the case, actually just few of them we use the flag on the field "Procurement Document" in the SO, the most of them are created manually (starting from the PO)

former_member186712
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what is the difference between a PO for your stock and a PO for a customer Order?

If there's no difference, it's impossible to get that information

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah exactely there are no differences (at least for SAP normal beahviour)

former_member186712
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is not a problem of SAP behaviour.

The problem is that you buy 2 things and then you can't differentiate them when they are in stock.

You can create a UDF in the lines and the if the item is to normal stock, the user has to fill the UDF with something. Then you can differentiate between both PO.

I hope it helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

In fact I was thinking to do exactely that, but before procede I was checking if there is already something can face this... another way is work at itemcode level. I query out all the item ordered to supplier and then I check if those item are in some SO if they are I know that are for a customer and if the quantity is more then the quantity ordered by the customer I derive that are for free stock...

Former Member
0 Kudos

The term FREE here cause misunderstanding. What you are looking for is item availability.

Since inventory is always in dynamic movement, your goal is not practical.

The item availability is easily to get, why do you need a separate view for the same info?

former_member205766
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robert

Can you tell me there is any Identification for Free Stock.  For Example :

1.  Price is Zero

2.  Discount Percentage is 100%

3.  Any UDF indicating Free Stock

With Regards

Balaji Sampath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

and thank you for all your replies.

Guess there is a basic misunderstanding.

The item we buy for free stock are item that we are going to sell (is just that are not bought on a specifc customer request), so at price level there is no absolutely difference, and btw I don't get why the price should be zero (from business logic point of view)

There are no UDF indicating that are items for free stocks.

To be more clear I make an example.

We got in our items master data an item ABC123 (item code). Let say this article is one of the most selled item.

We got customer order in our system for 30'000kg for this item. Now 10'000kg are already in stock.

We need now to place an order to the supplier, and we place and order for 40'000KG since 20'000KG will be to satisfay the customer request and the other to just refill the warehouse, so we are ready to face any other request for that particular item.

At the end of the period of time, we want to extract from the system the quantity we ordered just to fill up our warehouse and not the one we bought on a specifc customer order.

Hope this clarify my needs and I apologize if I didn't properly explain myself

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

Kindly clarify my questions.

1.What's your base document for Purchase order (SO or Manual). If its manual then how you'll link that PO with SO

2. Whether you are using multiple UOM or not

former_member205766
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can get this report under inventory reports => inventory status report

Check available quantity is your free Stock quantity

check the below link

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_sbo882/helpdata/en/45/0942e565e16c32e10000000a114a6b/content.htm

With regards

Balaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

The base document is a manual PO. I don't know what you mean with SO.

We are not using UOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm looking for PO of material we ordered just to fill up the stock I don't want the stock situation. I want to ask the system "How many items we ordered that are not related to any customer order?

Former Member
0 Kudos

SO means Sales Order. In SAP you can able to add Purchase order based on Sales Order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok I see.

We actually cannot link our SO with PO apart when we generating the PO directly from the SO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Roberto,

Can you verify those free items are priced 0? If yes, the query is very easy.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

Kindly clarify my doubts to understand your scenario clearly

1.From which type of document (GRPO/AP invoice) you need query.

2.Whether you'll give unit price for those documents.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

actually I can start from the Purchase Order document (OPOR/POR1 table). No unit price needed I just need quantity information

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

Try this query

select r.DocNum , r1.ItemCode ,r1.Dscription ,r1.Quantity

from opor r inner join por1 r1 on r.DocEntry=r1.DocEntry--

where r1.PriceBefDi=0 and r.CANCELED='N' and r.DocDate >=[%0] and r.DocDate <=[%1]