cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase Info Record scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I want to create purchase order , but requirement is without updating purchase info record all the time purchase order should not created how to achieve this ? so is there any field in po to restrict po without updating info record ? we are not using purchase requisitions.Please provide suitable solution.

Thanks & regards

sangita

Edited by: sangita on Feb 13, 2012 4:46 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tejyadav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Select source list check box in the Material Master Purchase view.

In this way Purchase info record and Source list both becomes mandatory, Check if it is useful to you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

I am going to create automatic purchase order so that it will pick price from info record , so that the user must put new price at the time of po creation in info record so that i am asking for po should not create before changing info record price, Please suggest suitable solutions .

Regards

sangita

kailas_ugale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not possible

Regards

Kailas Ugale

narasimhulu_konnipati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't have any idea whether the Validation will work at PO Level.

But, if works, write down like, the Purchase Info record enetered price and PO price have to be tallyed..

If not, need to show up an error

Thanks

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

>

> I am going to create automatic purchase order so that it will pick price from info record , so that the user must put new price at the time of po creation in info record so that i am asking for po should not create before changing info record price, Please suggest suitable solutions .

>

> Regards

> sangita

How can the PO know that the price in the info record is not current?

have you checked how a price condition in an info record looks like?

if is usually valid from the date of entry to end of year 2999 (or similar)

if you add a new condition with a shorter validy, then the original condition is broken into 2 parts: it ends with the start date of your new condition, and starts again with a start date equal to the end date of your new condition.

So you have a valid price all the time.

...and your PO cannot know that the price is current or not.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

kunal_ingale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just tick for infoupdate , system will create the inforecord automatically or if present it will update

check this [LINK|http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2122981&messageID=11018177#11018177]

please check help on the field by pressing F1

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Please read mu query carefully, my requirement is user must change info record manually not automatically so please provide solution considering this requirement.

regards

sangita

narasimhulu_konnipati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

use the below path

and keep the Purchase Info record as Mandatory field.

spro > mm > purchasing > purchase order > define screen layout for document type.

Select a doc type and keep the Purchase info record as mandatory

authorizations

IMG -> Materials management ->authorisation management -> define function authorisation for buyers -> function authorisations : purchase orders

Thanks

kailas_ugale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

make setting in following path

IMG >-MM >-- Purchasing > -Environment >-- defaults .set default for info update to B to get info records at plant level in PO

check following link

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/75/ee104955c811d189900000e8322d00/content.htm]

Regards

Kailas Ugale

uk_yelamuri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Info update filed in PO should not be ticked for this requirement.

This field is availble at item level material tab.

You can not control this with filed selection.

One way is to control it thru user parameter EVO. (spro>mm>purchasing>environment data>define default values for buyers) Create a parameter with no info update for purchase orders and assign this parameter to all users in SU01.

This is user specific.

If you want user-independant, you can control it thru some enhancement using exit or badi.