cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PU12 - multiple questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using PU12 interface tool to export HCM Master data only. I created custom interface format and layouts and also used user exits to create my export structures.

My frustrations with the tool as as follows:

1. If I run the tool with our payroll area, and current/other period, and schedule it as a background job, the job runs fine. However, if I enter a date range in the selection, and try to schedule it as a background job, nothing gets selected.

I have to run the job online.

The reason I wish to do this is because I wish to automate job scheduling as a background job to be run everyday, without any manual triggering.

2. Is there a SAP std program/tcode to auotmate the download of the HR TemSe file, thus created from PU12, to be copied onto SAP application Server? I again have to use the tool and manually download the file. I want to automate the process.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Second answer first: I don't think there is any automatic way to download this.

Now the first answer: When you save the variant, do not put a value of a calculated value or a derieved value in the date field. In the Variant Attributes set the Selection Variable as 'Dynamic' (D) and set the Variable name to 'Current date'. And set the field 'Protected'.

Hope this helps.

Message was edited by:

Sanjay Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sanjay.

I grudgingly accept the limitation of Q2.

Back to Q1, I do assign the date range dynamically. Irrespective of dynamicaaly assigning the date range or manually keying in the date range, the background job scheduling does not work on that option. The log says no record selected.

But when I run the job online, it selects the records.

Did you try to run it as background job?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it has worked for me in the past. I am not working on PU12 at the moment.

What exactly do you mean by 'assign the date range dynamically'? Is it the step you do when saving a variant?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I do mean that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are on which release?

We are in ECC 5.0, HCM SP SAPKE50005.

Answers (0)