cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Provide dropdown of vendor master in "Room No" field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a scenario where client gives their assets to their vendors for some purposes and they need a tracking of it

I dont want to get into the mode of defining user defined fields in ANLU

I want to use the fields in the Time Dependant tab as they provide the option of maintaining Time Dep data i.e. I can track that from X date to Y date, the asset is lying with Vendor A and so on

I dont want to define so many locations in the config as new vendors will be keep on adding

So, I was planning to use the field Room No where in a drop down (F4) of vendor master can be provided.. Is this possible to do??

Time dep fields form a part of Table ANLZ.. Will it be possible to provide a dropdown (F4) of vendor field here?? If this requires an access key, will it be right option to proceed this way

Regards

Ajay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

This can be done only if your vendor code length is less than or equal to 8 digits only, because room no field is having 8 character length only.

But even this is not recommanded way of doing, since it needs an access key to modify the standard SAP table.

Please ask SAP to provide access key for the object R3TR TABL ANLZ. This can be done via OSS only.

After getting access key from SAP please ask your ABAP guy to modify the table ANLZ for field RAUMN, he needs to put SAP Standard collective search help named KRED as input search help for that field.

By doing above you can acheive the desired input help for room no field.

Note: These kind of changes will be overwritten during upgradation.

Thanks,

Srinu

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinu

Is it possible that I maintain vendor no in the ROOM field manually without any dropdown and I can just check with the help of a userexit that whether this vendor exists at all or not??

What would be the userexit in this case??

Regards

Ajay

former_member375980
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This would be a modification, I have not really seen before, but I guess it will work. I can´t give you any recommentation, as you have to test such changes by yourself.

Blaz