cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prohibit PO creation depending on Material Business Area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is there a way to stop PO creation when a user creates a PO with a material-plant (w/o Account Assignment) that belongs to a certain Business Area?

I tried deleting the valuation area-division-business area at OMJ7 but the problem is that I can still raise a PO, I do get the error during GR, but the problem is that in real life, the PO will be raised to a vendor.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member223262
Contributor
0 Kudos

since your business area and plant are having 1:1 relationship you can create plant specific customized user roles where plant can be specified in object M_BEST_WRK in field WERKS so that user can raise PO on plant for which he is authorized to.

Regards

Ranjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is your business area? Plant or Company Code?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Business area is configured to be at Plant level. There is a material involved in the Purchase Order and an account assignment is not mandatory, therefore the PO creator wouldn't know if the business area of the material that was placed in the PO is already obsolete.

Is it possible to configure it in a way without implementing BADIs & Auth objects?

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If its at plant level, you can create plant specific material status in OMS4 transaction and maintain whether warning or error message is to be triggered at the time of PO creation. Assign the plant specific material status to the material in material master - purchasing view. Now, while creating PO for the material in the specific plant, the system will issue warning or error message as configured in OMS4.

OMS4:

Material master:

PO:

You may check the scenario.

Regards,

AKPT

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Badi and User exit is just a coding.

Through badi and user exit you can configure the system/screen yourself.

A knowledgeable Abaper can do this using badi or user exit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Javier,

If your business area is plant and 1:1 relationship between plant and business area is defined, then I don't see any issue here.

If an material is extended to a plant then only you can use it in your PO.

So if material is not extended to plant results in not in business area also.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to have account assignment in PO to restrict the PO creation based in business area.

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Option1: Please check the authorization object F_BKPF_GSB (It is available in ME21N ) with BASIS team (I'm not sure whether it will work or not, but it is available in ME21N - You may check with basis)

Option 2: Make the business area mandatory (Please check with FI team before suggesting) for the account assignment category in OME9 and then create PO release strategy with business area. The business area field is not available in CEKKO, so you may go for development to insert the field in CEKKO. Please refer the link: Can we add extra fields in the communication st... | SCN

Option 3: Check the BAdI: ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST whether you can do it with coding.

Please note that the Business area will be visible in PO only if the PO is with account assignment.

Regards,

AKPT

Message was edited by: AKPT MM

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PO is just a document for vendor.

It doesn't effect any account effect or stock effect.

You can raise PO if the material plant and vendor is cleared.

PO is not dependent in business area.

If you have changed in OMJ7, its will be effect on accounting, not in PO.

I hope you can make PO, but you can't do further process.