cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profit Centers & Distribution Rules

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts,

I have created a distribution rule which consists of 5 profit centers as following:

Sales1 20%

Sales2 20%

Sales3 20%

Sales4 20%

Sales5 20%

I posted a JE with amount of 2000 to one of my expense accounts with distribution rule tagged in row level.

Run:

P&L statement with profit center Sales1 is selected (expected result: expense account 400)

Result:

Empty~NOTHING. (I believe 400 should be showing in my P&L right?)

Please advice me on above statement.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lim,

you need to define the distribution rule (remember if it is direct charge or indirect charge), than You can post a document or a JE with a G/L account of expenses or profit and you need to specify the Dsitribution Rule code into the JE row with the G/L Account.

When you run the Profit Center Report and you can see the amount's distributed by Profit Center based on the rule you have defined.

With the Profit & Loss Statement, you can't run it with the Profit Center into Expanded Selection Criteria but you can run only with the Distribution Rule (in fact into the JE you have inserted the rule non the profit center !! ).

This is a limitation and a system definiton of Cost Accounting into Business One.

Regards,

Massimo Sala - Italy LPE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai!

I have tested the same scenario u mentioned. I too not getting for Sales1, but

I am getting the expected result Sales1 - 200 in Profit center Report in Finance Module.

Regards,

Thanga Raj.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I got the same result also, but my problem isn't solved.

Sad.

Thanks anyway.

msundararaja_perumal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is the behaviour of the system,pls check this note:843508 on the same.

I hope this clarifies your issue.