cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profit and Loss Percentage Challenge

Former Member
0 Kudos

We control our Gross Margins and Costs by expressing every Profit and Loss item as a percentage of the Total Sales. So our Total Sales is 100%. So everything is divided by the 100% to calculate a Percentage. So for example a Gross margin is 45% (Of the 100%). Advertising Cost is 15% of Total Sales. Net Profit may be 4% etc. My question is if anybody knows if such report exisits in SAP b1. as a Standard or how can I achieve this?

EG

SALES $10,000 100%

COST OF GOODS $ 5,500 55%

Gross Profit $ 4,500 45%

Advertising Cost $ 1500 15%

Telephone $ 200 2%

Admin $ 1600 16%

Overheads $ 800 8%

-

Net Profit $ 400 4%

Thanks

Robert

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Robert,

I don't think in SAP we have a P&L report represented in %.

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SUDA

The Budget Profit and Loss reports do have percentages against each Nominal however, they are calculated as a percentage increase/decrease and I wondered how can I change this calculation to make it a percentage of the SALES Total?

Maybe this is not possible in SAP B1?

Thanks

Robert

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunatey changing the way the calculations are made in a pre existing report might not be possible

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suda

Perhaps you have suggestions what is the easiest way to create such a report, PLD or XL Reporter - this will be exactly the same as the profit and loss report with the addition of another column that haspercentage calculations.

Thanks

Robert

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Robert,

I think this can be done through XLR but I can surely tell that using a query report by extracting and P&L query using SQL Trace and making a QPLD of it will work.

The problem really is you might not be able to construct the different options and views that the standard P&L offers.

Determining your Selection criteria (as in the selection screen on the stardard P&L) and your view level of the accounts would be a good starting point before proceeding with the design using SQL.

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Suda

I will try this

Robert

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

I had the exact same question as you did in regards to adding a percentage to the P&L Statement. I found using the XL Reporter to be fairly simple and straight-forward. Below is a link to the SAP documentation on how to create a P&L using the XL Reporter. From there I just modified it a bit to add a column with the corresponding percentages.

https://websmp110.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001160462006E.pdf

Hopefully, this helps anybody else that's looking to add percentages to the P&L.

Thanks,

Amanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amanda

this is very helpful and I tried to give you 10 Marks for your reply but it was grayed out. Where did you find this document?

Thanks for this

Robert