cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production version with warning message - PPPI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP expert,

I create a production version for a material using tcode C223. because I did not assign the material to the recipe group (by tcode C202) used in the PV so I get a warning message when I carry out the consistency check for the PV.

could anybody tell me what's the purpose of assignment of material to recipe group? I could create planned order/process order using the PV with warning for the material and the recipe is copied correctly from PV to process order.

Mao Ye

Edited by: Mao Ye on Aug 7, 2008 5:48 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hy Mao,

Yes it is mendatory to assgin Material to the Master Recipe or Routing.Production Version decides which Routing and Alternate BOM will be selected during Order Creation.

Standard Practice is

- First create BOM.

- Create Routing / Recipe.

- Then Create Production Version in Recipe itself (C202).Check its concistency.

- Do component assginment if required.

C223 is useful in those cases were you have required more then one production version for a single routing or Recipe.Because you can not create more than one prod. version in Recipe.

Regards,

Dhaval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhaval,

I understand the the standard practice you have explained. If we create the PV using C202 actually we assign the header material to recipe in the first step. thus it becomes mandatory to assign the material to recipe group if you craete a PV using C202.

Using C223 we create PV without assignmenter of header material to recipe.After we save the PV in table MAPL we can't find record for the header material.

I was wondering if I will encounter any potential issues with these PV in the future? I really don't know so I ask this question: what's the impact if I do NOT assign the material to recipe (no record in table MAPL) when I create the PV?

Best Regard,

MAO YE

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hy Mao,

Will you pls describe how you creates the Prod. Version through C223.

Regards,

Dhaval

Former Member
0 Kudos

if u open that transaction u will urself will understand that.

after C223, enter material , Plant

then below u have option to create prod version.

this screen same as the MRP 4 view prod version creation....

Pravin Mukkawar

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hy Pravin,

Thanks for your kind inputs.

But my question is to Mao, just to trace the problem and to find why he has suffer this problem.

Regards,

Dhaval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhaval,

yes. the procedure of PV creation is same as Pravin has addressed.

Cheers,

MAO YE

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The goal of creating the recipe and the BOM through the production version, is to have a recipe and BOM validity dates consistents.

I personally prefer to use this alternative to avoid this kind of problem at the moment of production.

Take care

Francisco O.

Former Member
0 Kudos

there is no issue as such u can work with ur funda's. they are not wrong, but basically in PI, we need to create a prod version in the recipe, that's common practice.

so dont worry about that.

Regards,

Pravin Mukkawar