cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production Orders - how to exclude from Finite Scheduling

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using CM21 to finite schedule our production orders. We need to create some production orders with a 'frozen date' - meaning that it should not be included in the finite scheduling process. These production orders are outside the normal planning time fence and need to be finite scheduled in with other production orders when they move into the time fence. Any ideas on how to accomplish this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

gyanaranjan_rout
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

go to work center(cr02).Again go to capacity header.Remove finite scheduling there.

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

On the tab "control" of the production order there is a flag where you can disable automatic scheduling.

I would create a new order type with the automatic scheduling unchecked.

You can run transaction COHV to schedule the production orders at a latter point. I don't believe that it is possible to use the planning time fence as a selection criteria, since this is more related to PP-MRP than to PP-SFC.

BR

Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

It appears the Automatic Scheduling setting doesn't matter when you use CM21. As long as you have deallocated the production order and selected it to be dispatched, it will reschedule. The only thing I know to do at this point is to use a unique value in one of the standard production order fields to identify these special production orders. Then code logic in the planning user exit for the deallocate function that will exclude any production orders with that unique value from being deallocated (even if the user has selected it to be deallocated). Then when the user wants to schedule it in with the other production orders, they would just change the unique value to a standard value and CM21 would treat it just like any other orders. Do you see any issues with this approach or do you have a better idea?

Thanks

Deb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If ı have understood correctly your requirement is to discard production orders from capacity leveling based on the capacity requirements date. This is controlled by the time profile and is customizable actually. Time profiles are assigned to overall profiles and every transaction of capacity planning works with a particular overall profile.

The overall profile of CM21 is SAPSFCG001 and time profile SAPSFCZ002 is assigned to it. In customization for capacity leveling under production you can change this time profile and adjust database read or planning periods according to your requirement. You can create new Z profiles by copying from standart and use CM25 to work with a Z overall profile.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I thought about doing that, but as days go by the production order rolls into the time frame and would get rescheduled. The requirement is that I have one or more production orders outside the planning time fence that I want to 'freeze' the production date. The planner wouldn't necessarily know which ones they are just by looking at the CM21 board. Their process is to create new production orders for the next 2 days right outside the planning time fence. Then create any production orders outside that 2 days that need to be 'frozen'. Then they will use CM21 online. They will deallocate ALL production orders, sort ALL production orders by date and sequence number, then dispatch ALL production orders. As soon as they deallocate the orders, the dates on all of the orders are eligible for change when the dispatch runs. We also run the CM21 in batch mode overnite to realign the production orders in case the factory has run ahead or behind. Those frozen production orders are on the same production line (work center) as the non-frozen ones so we can't exclude the work center from being finite scheduled. Only thing I could come up with is to keep the frozen orders from getting deallocated. If they don't get deallocated, they won't get rescheduled. Any other ideas? And thanks for your response....

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

On the customizing transaction OPU3 you may remove the "automatic scheduling" flag, so the order won't be scheduled.

BR

Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I turn off the Automatic Scheduling, then ALL production orders created with that order type will not be scheduled. I could create another order type with the Automatic Scheduling turned off and use the new order type for those orders. However, when those production orders come into the planning time fence, I need to turn the Automatic Scheduling back on for them so they will get scheduled in with the other production orders for that time frame. You can't change the order type on an existing production order or I would just change the order type to one that has Automatic Scheduling turned on. We can't create a new production order because the components are tracked by the production order number. Is there a way to set a specific production order to not be scheduled and then turn it back on at a later date?