cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

production order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends

when i will get the sales order system converted to production order . is it possible. with out strartegy 82.is there any another process. plese help me out.

Thanks

venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It is possible with only assembly processing 82.

Thanks

S.Murali

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venkat,

Sales orders are never converted to production orders. A sales order remains a sales order throughout its life.

Sales orders are requirements. Production orders are expected receipts. They are two different things.

SAP offers several Planning strategies in which there is a one-to-one relationship between a Sales order item, and a production order.

In one of these strategies, strategy 82, the Sales order creates the production order automatically upon Sales order item creation. This is the only standard SAP strategy that creates a production order automatically. SAP calls this an 'assemble-to-order' strategy, and the resulting production order is related directly to the Sales Order item.

In ALL of the MakeToOrder strategies, at some point during the life of the Sales order, there will be a Planned order and/or a Production order that is directly related to the Sales Order Item. In these strategies, the proceeds from the prouduction order can ONLY support a single sales order item. Some of the common standard MTO strategies are 50, 60, and 20.

Another major genre of demand planning strategies are MakeToStock. In these strategies, the Planned/Production orders are NOT linked directly to any Sales order item. Instead, the proceeds from these orders go into general unrestricted stock, and can be used for ANY requirement. Common MTS strategies are 40, 30, and 10.

For some MTS strategies, a sales order MAY trigger the creation of a planned order, but even in this case, the production order is not tied directly to a particular sales order. MTS production orders can end up supporting any requirement: any sales requirement, any dependent requirement, any independent requirement.

Besides the common strategies mentioned above, there are a host of other strategies. If these are not adequate, you can create your own.

Check [SAP Online help|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/EN/60/9ea1536fbd11d191820000e8a5f6e6/frameset.htm] for more info.

Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

i have faced this problem in one interview. at that time i said 82 strategy. but that person want only another process. please help me out another process.

Thanks

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

See wrt sales order might be hement with the strategy group 20 ,and 25 for configurated material so please check with these

Regards

sravanthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kumar,

There are the settings available in the customization but highly recommend to go for straegy 82 asthat is the standard functionality.

Why don't you want use strategy 82? Any specific reason.

Hope this helps you.

SmanS