cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production Order - Release Period

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I am referring the SAP documentation on "Schedule Margin Key - Release Period" as below.

Definition: release period

Material Requirements Planning (PP-MRP)

The number of workdays between the planned start date of the production order and the date for releasing the order.

If the order release indicator is set, the production order is released by a background program that takes all dates into account.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q1: In the above statement, Is the statement "planned start date of the production order" refers "Schedule Start Date of the production order"?

Q2: In the above statement it is mentioned as "If the order release indicator is set, the production order is released by a background program that takes all dates into account.".  When & Where the order release indicator will be set?

Q3: The "Basic Release Date" is not getting updated while i release the order manually in CO02. Will this date be updated by system automatically? (refer attached file)

Note: While i release the order in CO02, the "Confirmed Release Date" is getting updated.

Q4: What are all the points to be considered to derive the 'release period'. Suppose assume that i have mentioned the 'release period' as 1 day. How does this 1 day will be used by production supervisor during release?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii Selva,

Requirement 1 : Yes

Requirement 2 : In T-Code OPKP (Maintaining Production Scheduling Profile), at 'plant' and Prod.Sched.Profile level  for the given order header material, at 'automatic actions' section and 'on creation' sub section, release indicator is available for automatic converting the the production order after creation to release.

Requirement 3 : The system will update the scheduled release date as per scheduled start date minus release peroid. "Basic Release Date" is not any tab but can be consider same as scheduled release date for your requirement (coming as 18.12.2013 in your case).

On the day when order confirmation starts, Released order confirm date will come in tab adjacent to it.

Requirement 4 : Release Period is defined as amount of day’s production supervisors required for releasing the order in advance in compare to order scheduled start date (the confirmation actually planned to start). This will help right time planning availability for ensure planning visibility in near term (like day to day planning) in order to organize the production.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For Q3.

There is no such field called as 'Basic Finish Date'. When you will release the order manually the field below confirmed will be updated

Kindly check & confirm.

Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

Can anyone please help me?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

Can anyone please help me?