cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production order dates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a question on Basic start date and Basic finish date in Production orders.

I have a material A0000001 and its inhouse production time is -0- days. eventhough my production order basic finish data & start date takes a long duration.

Is that basic start and finish date is depend on inhouse production time of the production order Header Material or

Is that basic start and finish date is depend on component availability along with inhous eproduction time.

Please correct me if I am wrong and let me know the correct procedure.

Thanks in Advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhan,

In the production order creation....

Basic start date can be given manually or in case of planned order conversion it takes from the MRP parameters and definition of floats. The finish date is calculated based on production time and nothing to do with the availability of resources.

Regards,

Murali Maganti

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To Dear Madhan ,

When you run MRP system takes inhouse production time define in material master MRP view & also consider scheduling margin key .

When you create actual process order system takes timing given in recipe & Scheduling margin key for scheduling the order .

Regards

SANIL.

former_member196530
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear ,

Is that basic start and finish date is depend on inhouse production time of the production order Header Material o

Answer : The scheduling type determines the basic dates .It depends on the Inhouse Production Time and Scheduling Margin Key with Opeing Period/Float Before Production /Float after Prodution /Release Period in Materail Master MRP3 view

Is that basic start and finish date is depend on component availability along with inhous eproduction time.

Depends on the Lead Time Scheduling (1/2) chooseing in MRP run (MD01/MD02) and realted to the Lead time (Vendor Lead time) of all those componenet maintained in the material master .

Regards

Jia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Madhan,

Is that basic start and finish date is depend on inhouse production time of the production order Header Material

Depends on the method of scheduling. Depending on the parameters you use to execute MRP, it may use the MM production time, or it may use times calculated from the values in the operations of the Routing. From the SCHEDULED dates, then, the Basic dates are then calculated using floats, depending on scheduling configuration settings.

Is that basic start and finish date is depend on component availability

Usually no, with the rare exception of a few types of Assemble-to-Order orders. Mostly, availability of components is determined after scheduling in a separate step.

Rgds,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

"Is that basic start and finish date is depend on inhouse production time of the production order Header Material "

yes basic finish date always calculated from time in material master work scheduling view. You can update this via CA97.

Using basic finish date , system will calculate bacward using routing in you initiate lead time scheduling. In MRP running you can decide you want to use only basic scheduling (good for performance) or lead time scheduliing for calculate both basic and production date automatically.

"Is that basic start and finish date is depend on component availability"

I think component availabily is depend on basic start date --> acording to you configuration of scheduling

i am still quite new, so if there is mistake please kindly clarify me

Best regards,

Freddy Ha