cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production order availability check

swathi_rege
Active Participant
0 Kudos

sap help says check against planning or check against ATP is derived from planning strategy. so if for a material, in material master, we maintain planning strategy and checking group, then system will decide on ATP or against PIR based on the strategy..this is clear to me..

lets say i have a FG production order header material A. It has a component B, for which i maintained PIR.

for material A, my strategy is 40 and checking group 01/02

for material B, my strategy is 74 and checking group 01/02

so when PP availability check is done, based on the strategy used in the material master for component B, it will determine that system needs to do ATP against PIR (because strategy is 74).

but sap help says, we can control this process of check against ATP or PIR using a field in checking group..

so which takes the precedence? strategy group or RelChkPlan field in checking group?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The stg. grp provides it as a feature, but the checking group controls whether to use that feature or not.

Hope it clarifies.

swathi_rege
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Vivek,

I guess i know the answer now.. just for the benefit of forum members..

when availability check is done at production orders, system will always by default go by ATP method (irrespective of strategy used)..it does not care about planning strategy used for the components to determine the checking method.

but if you want the system to do check against planning for some materials, then you can use this field setting in checking group to control the availability check just for those materials..

Thanks closing the thread

swathi_rege
Active Participant
0 Kudos

just for my future reference I am updating this thread

component check field in OPJK is only relevant for assembly orders. This field is relevant only when direct component check is done when sales order is created (component availability check is checked in requirement class)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some very bold assumptions I must say.

when availability check is done at production orders, system will always by default go 
by ATP method (irrespective of strategy used)..it does not care about planning strategy used 
for the components to determine the checking method

Definitely not. It depends on the settings in OPJK, checking group & Stg. Grp.

if you want the system to do check against planning for some materials, then you can 
use this  field setting in checking group to control the availability check just for those materials

This alone does not control it.

component check field in OPJK is only relevant for assembly orders. This field is relevant 
only when direct component check is done when sales order is created (component availability
 check is checked in requirement class)

Definitely not. Don't know where this info comes from.

If you have doubts on any of the above, do a re-test at your end with different datasets.

swathi_rege
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Vivek,

I got the first assumption from this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/cf/70124adf2d11d1b55e0000e82de178/content.htm

"Always performed (against ATP) when production orders are processed."

so when you want some materials to be checked against planning then you can use that relchk field in cheking group to control that. Also if you do f1 on that field in OVZ2, it clearly says that field is used only for component availability check frame work.

Regarding 2nd assumption, if you go to opjk and click f1 on component check field.. it says, that field is only relevant if you have component availability check field checked in the requirement class. then i checked all the requirements classes in the system and only 200,201,206,207 requirements classes have this check box checked under assembly section of requirement class.

200, 201 etc are all assembly order requirement classes.

please do a recheck from your end and let me know if i am wrong.. Thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

I stand by my previous statements, simply because I have worked on those scenarios & know intimately how they behave.

Hence I restate do a test at your end & don't just believe in what I say. Once you do your tests, you will know why I state what I have done & also you will get to understand how to interpret what is stated in SAP help or the F1 help documentations.

Good luck.

swathi_rege
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Vivek,

Sure, I will create master data and will do testing some time this week..

but before that let me ask you one question please..

FG = A, sub assembly = B

B is planned using assembly planning strategy 74 or 70 and I have PIR in the system for this material.

i use standard checking group 01 or 02.. and if you see the standard checking group, you will always see rel chk plan as blank which is no check against planning.

now i create prod order for A and do availability check.. based on my above example..availability check for B will be run against PIR or ATP?

because system sees stratgey group 70/74 which says atp against PIR and system will also see availability check group rel chk plan field which says no check against PIR. what will system do consider?

Thanks

Answers (0)