cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production issue -- FI Doc Exceed 999 lines

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts..

we are facing one problem when we are doing GR, the FI documents if more than 999 line items it is not going to generate any FI documents... we have 1000's of line items in the same GR....

NOTE: in Development it is generating new documnet for the above 999 lines.... in production it is not genarating any document if exceeds 999 lines.. system trowing an error " maximum number of items in FI reached"

Kindly help me in resolving this issue... very critical for us

Thanks in advance

Alex

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member184992
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

SAP did a WIKI regarding the matter, please check the following wiki content:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPFI/Systemlimitationof999lineitemsperFIdocument

I believe that this helps.

Best Regards,

Vanessa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

WIth the answers above, I still wonder why could your DEV system could post more than 999 line items.

Cause and prerequisites

In FI the posting line has a three-digit line item number (BSEG-BUZEI).

For note 117708, or the exit, they are trying to avoid posting more than 999 lines only.

former_member380737
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This is standard SAP maximum cap per document. Standard SAP can not accept more than 999 lines per document. If you have this scenario you either need to reduce your lines or activate user exists at transaction levels where you can activate a split after every 900 lines and move the entry to a clearing account and in the next entry clear the clearing account and post the complete document. Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Refer nore 117708

Br, Ajay M