cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production Entry Showing Error with Movement Type-521

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Experts,

I am making a production entry of 500 qnt. with movement type - 521 (Material Type - SUG10051) in plant 1101.

Though plant code 1101 is a newly created plant, we have created all the necessary configuration for the same but when when we do the inventory posting system shows error ""No stock posting possible for this material - material type stocks are not managed on quantity basis.""

Kindly advise me why this problem is occuring,

Looking forward for your quick response on the same.

Regards

Parul Deshwal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Parul,

It seems that material is extended to the newly created plant from the existing plant where the material is not under quantity update .

Go to

SPRO>>Logistics-general>>MM>>Basic settings>>Material type<>>Define attributes of Material type>>Tick the check Box of quantity and value update.

Also it seems that the material is non stock item. So you have to maintian storage location data amd change the plant specific material status in PURCHASING view to Stock item

Br,

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

SPRO<<Logistics-general<<MM<<Basic settings<<Material type<< Define attributes of Material type<< Check whether Quantity/ value update is done.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parul

The inventory management setting are missing for your newly create plant

Always you can acess to SPRO(missing configurations) form your error message on the top you will find the Icon which will you to the required T code.

Try that

Regards

Niti Narayan

Former Member
0 Kudos

go to OMS2...double click on the material type...further double click on Quantity/value updating...here you will find that the check indicator against Quantity update is missing for the valuation area i.e.plant

Regards,

Indranil