cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Hierarchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Any ideas of how I can make it easier for the sales team to find products if we use, Item Group, Sub-Category (UDF), Sub-sub Category (UDF). Or another way to narrow down the slection band of products that fit the criteria you are searching for.

Similar as to how Web sites work, i.e. holiday site, drop down menu do you want to fly, drive, second

drop down which airport, port. So that you are narrwing down the options nearer to what you want to select.

We also use the Boyum Add On if this may assist in achieving what we want to do.

Your thoughts ideas appreciated.

Regards

Jim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are no fixed rules for your best solution. It depends on so many variables like numbers of products, similarity between product etc. Try in the test environment to add more UDF or using different methods to filter the product list. You are the best person to find YOUR solution.

Thanks,

Gordon

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies.

They are of help as the rationale behind them is very similar to the comments I had raised with

colleagues in how the products are named and grouped. That obviously aids any searching done.

Regards

Jim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jim

You can even use formatted search for quich search and finding items based on the requirement.