cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Cost

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus!

I have a simple question, at least I hope.

In the same controlling area is possible run the Cost Estimate with Quantity Structure and Production Lot Cost Estimate? Can I release Standard cost estimate for a material and same time active a production lot costing with two different Costing variants?

Thanks

Nik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you can release only one cost estimate at a time with different costing variants using costing versions.

Regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you answer.

I have a doubt.

The procedure for creating the cost estimate for the production lot is similar to the procedure for creating a material cost estimate. The only difference being that it is created with reference to the production lot (WBS element).

May be two procedures at the same time?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Two procedures at the same time has to be done only if you are  doing two cost estimates for different materials.

Regards,

Naveen

Adimallaiah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You will not be able to release the Standard Cost estimate for a Material with more than one costing variant in the same period. Hope the below work around may meet your requirement:

Maintain MRP strategy for the Material to M2S. You can run costing with CV1 and can be released to Material Master.

Change MRP strategy for the Material to M2O. Create Sales order with reference to WBS. You can have Sales Order cost estimate with Costing Variant for SO. This cost will not update in Material Master. However. this cost will be updated in Sales Order through condition EK02. This will be the cost during Production Goods receipt and Goods delivery to the customer (PGI).

br,

ADI