cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with material description

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am encountering one problem with material desciption. whenever i am writing any word in material description field in MMR , say 'TEST', it automatically comes as TESTHello after saving. i would like to delete this additional word. can you tell me where can i do it? i searched mara table but there i cant change the description field.

i am currently using ides.

please help.

Thanks in Advance

Nisha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the material descriptin is stored in MAKt table.

Hoewever, a change of the records there will not really help, if with any new creation this "Hello"-word is added .

You have to find the program that is causing this.

Do you use BAPI to create your materials?

Former Member
0 Kudos

no i use simple MM01 to create material. is there any material settings that i have to change?this addition is not creating any probelm, just i wanted to know the reason for its appearance.

Thanks in advance,

Nisha

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP does not add some words itself to the material. this is usually caused by own developements like user exits or by using BAPIs to create material masters.

Of course it can have happened at the initial data load too, with wrong texts in the source file or by wrong program code in the migration program.

But standard MM01 will not do something itself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nisha,

It seems that there is some customization incorporated in the MMR screen.

Kindly check with ABAP team , ask them to debugg it and try to find the reason for it.

Def this will help you.

Regards

Utsav

Former Member
0 Kudos

not sure where are you trying that it gives you this extra word?