cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with longtext

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi pals,

PO Item Long text is stored in table STXL, and its working fine on Dev and Quality. But I am facing problem production.

Its doing for some PO and its not working for some, Its very strange problem Iam facing. Its not updating text in stxt also..can any one help on this needful.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand Mandalika,

I have just used include keword in sapscript so we need not any READ_TEXT fn. My question is long text is not updating table STXL and STXH. Is there any oter tables which hold long text?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

One possibility is that the texts you are trying to print are not directly attached to the purchase order.

When determining texts in the purchase order, you can specify three options for determination:

1. Copy - a copy of the source text is attached to the purchase order

2. Reference without change - a reference (pointer) to the source text is made from the purchase order

3. Reference with change - a reference to the source text is made from the purchase order, but if the user changes it, the text is copied and the reference is broken

If your text falls into category 2 or 3 (and not changed in the PO), then there is no actual text attached to the PO, merely a reference. In this case, you get an entry in STXH (with entries in TDREFOBJ, TDREFNAME, and TDREFID) but not in STXL.

In this case you may need to use the INCLUDE keyword with the text referred to in the fields TDREFOBJ, TDREFNAME, and TDREFID.

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers,

Brad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

Unfortunately you have still not mentioned what you're trying to do. Or did you ?

You enter the PO Item Long texts and save them. next time you display them and you find them. Now how does it matter where they are stored so long as you're able to see the texts when you display them subsequently ?

IF you want to know if the texts are stored in any other table, then you have t run an SQL trace and find that out. I don't rule out the possibilities of some other tables coming into play here. ST05 is the best source.

Regards,

Anand Mandalika.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bala,

Before We go ahead, there's one thing that I'd like to know - Are you trying to manipulate (or even read !) the data in these tables directly?

If yes, then I would say that it is not really very advisable to do so. SAP has provided some <i>program interfaces</i> to access these texts from within an ABAP Program. You are strongly recommended to use them. Refer to the Function Modules in the Function Group STXD - READ_TEXT etc.,

If you can be a bit more specific about what exactly you are trying to do, then may be I could give you a more accurate and useful answer.

Regards,

Anand Mandalika.

P.S. : Seems like you have registed here just today. Don't forget to reward the responses that you receive for the questions you post - It's the SDN way of saying "Thank you".