cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Currency Conversion of Labour costs in Maintenance Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a problem where our Controlling Area currency is USD and Maintenance Order is created in EUR .. here the planned /Actual Labour costs in EUR are different tcode - IW32 , system is not taking the latest USD to EUR exchange rate than that maintained in OB08 , we normally update the TCURR Table once in 25days , we maintain the activity type fixed rates in KP26 with costs centers and use that acitvity types in Maintenance Order Operation ..,the cost in KP26 is in USD .. and cost center currency is in EUR .. now i would like to know why the system is not taking latest exchange rate for calculation of Planned and Actual labour costs .. in Maintenance Order.. , do i need to do any settings in CO for this ? does setting in OKEV ..are helpful ?

regrds

pushpa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Activity type allocation considers plan exchange rate type maintained in OKEV for planned/actual activity allocation. During month end while 'actual price calculation' it revaluates activity allocations based actual exchange rate type 'M' with rates for that period in OB08.

Please check, if the USD to EUR exchange rate used for actual activity allocation matches with plan exchange rate (based on exchange rate type maintained in OKEV/OKEQN).

Regards,

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for your inputs . I am a PM Consutant , have not much idea on this setting and so I have the below querries :

In my system i have the below config in OKEV: My system version is 4.6C

1. Does OKEV settings are helpful for difference in Planned & Actual Labour costs in different currency?

2. The below are the settings in OKEV :

They are 02 Tabs :

Planned Tab : Version Locked ->Not ticked

Integrated Planning & copying allowed is ticked

Currency translation : M [Standard translation at avg rate]

Value date : Not maintained

Integrated planning with costs centers /bus processes is ticked.

receiver version plan/actual version

Val Variant : no value maintained

Price Calculation Tab : Purely iterative price is ticked

Plan : Method : Average price

Actual :methods :periodic price

Revaluation :Original business transaction

Cost componenet structure : 02

Now please tell me what settings should i do for my issue so that Maintenance Order picks latest exchange rate ..while calculation of actual & planned labour costs in Maintenance Order..

In ECC 6.0 in the same tcode for Price calculation tab we have one more additional field : CC Split in Object Curre .. not sure how this effects ..

I want to know whether do i need to run OKEV as batch job in production system ..

regrds

pushpa

Former Member
0 Kudos

If 'value date' is not maintained, the system translates currency by period. The R/3 System determines an exchange rate based on the starting dates from each period, which includes potential exchange rate fluctuations in planning price in a fiscal year.

I'm not sure if this has caused any differences in your case. Please check the exchange rates that system used in converting USD to EUR and try to match the exchange rates maintained in OB08, so that we will know atleast what rates it's used instead of latest exchange rates.

You have mentioned that you update exchange rates in OB08 every 25 days, what is your fiscal year variant & posting period variant?

Regards,

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

please ignore my statement , in our project OB08 is updated by business manually some monthly or 25days .. , i was checking in our sandbox and here is maintained in manually .. in OB08 to test ..

Now the value which it is taking is matching to some value which is near to 8th Month of 2009 , i had maintained the new value in OB08 and mentioned the valid from date as 10days back and then created the Maintenance Order to check ..

I would like to know whether the tcodes KSPI , KSII are helpful or no , in these tcodes i had marked the Object currency tick mark

you can find tht tick mark in KSPI -->Extras -->Settings -->Object Currency , similary for KSII ..

I would like to know whether you have faced this issue in your project ...provide your inputs

regrds

pushpa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

any inputs on the above issue ? .. would like to know if this a reqular requirement or an unusual one ..

regrds

pushpa

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pushpa

1. The tick marks for Obj Currency are helpful in the sense they would take the balances in respective currency without conversion... i.e. act price is calculated in both Object currency and Contr Area currency separately.. This ensures that there are no differences on account of conversion

2. WHile you enter plan prices in KP26, it is advisable to enter the same in object currency i.e. in comp code currency

For this, choose relevant layout avaialbe in KP26 or create a new one and assign to the Planner profile in IMG > Controlling > Cost Center Accounting > Planning > Manual Planning > User-Defined Planning Layouts and Define User-Defined Planner Profiles

Regards

Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for your inputs. I am not a CO consultant , I have some querries , plz provide your replies :

1. If Controlling and Object currency are different :- When we maintain activity price maintained in KP26 in controlling area currency then would it calculate the equivalent object currency value on the same moment based on the valid exchange rate available at that time ?

2. In OKEVN for version and particular year under planning tab .. we have option of value date field for currency translation .. , here it we do not enter date then it is given in F1 as per below :-

"If you do not enter a value date, the system translates currency by period. The R/3 System determines an exchange rate based on the starting dates from each period, which includes potential exchange rate fluctuations in a fiscal year."

Does the above means that valid rate as per starting date of every month or anything else ? , next what does it mean that potential exchange rate fluctutaions in a fiscal year .. , how does it affect the calculation of date for exchange rate here ..

regrds

pushpa

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pushpa

1. If Controlling and Object currency are different :- When we maintain activity price maintained in KP26 in controlling area currency then would it calculate the equivalent object currency value on the same moment based on the valid exchange rate available at that time ?

Yes..

2. In OKEVN for version and particular year under planning tab .. we have option of value date field for currency translation .. , here .......

Yes, in this case it uses the date at the start of the each period... In this case, if you can maintain 12 different rates for exch rate type P for each month and hence, you can account for exch rate fluctuations during the year...

I personally prefer to maintain the plan rates in comp code currency and convert them into Contr Area currency rather than other way round

Hope this helps!!

by any chance, are you from AP, India? Me too

Regards

Ajay M