cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with classification in PP order types

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I have a problem with PP order types and classification. I checked the classification in PP order types, and couldn't create PP orders (was given an error message). I had to go to OKQ3 (define reference characteristics) and generate some characteristics (don't know if i chose good ones) and after that go to OKKC (selection screen for requested selection) and finally to OKTO (change view Summarization Hierarchy).

I did some settings there - so now PP orders can be created but I don't know what the most common standard settings should be to have good report basing on them.

Hope sb can advise me on that.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karol

When u select classification check box in PP order types - u need to generate characteristics etc for summarization

What u hv done is absolutely right

The only thing is for order summarization go to KKR0 and create summarization hierarchies for summarizing costs on production orders

Create one hierarchy after discussing with the client on hw he wants the costs to be summarized. Suggest to keep one hierarchy since it takes a while to process the records and system performance gets affected

Hope the above clarifies - if need more info do let me know

Please assign points if the above clarifies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Sree,

Can you tell me what standard settins and standard characteristics of that hierachy should be?

Where is this hierarchy used in information system? Which reports are using it and how?

Best wishes,

Karol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karol

In KKR0 u need to define a new hierarchy and define your characteristics. In general following are the characteristics considered in order of sequence

1) Company code

2) Plant

3) Product Hierarchy

4) Mtl Group

5) Material

6) order

Suggested to keep these at a min depending on the requirement. Since information gets populated at all levels and the reports are avilable like drill down fashion

Order Information reports

you can use S_ALR_87013127 - this is one good report for production order variances at a plant level for all materials and orders. Corrective actions can be taken using this report

After creation of hierarchies

You need to run KKRV and KKRC to generate summarization hierarchies

After this u can select report KKBC_HOE which considers these summarization hierarchies and provide desired inputs

Please assing points if the above clarifies to you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karol

Its KKBC_ORD and not HOE

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karol

U can use both the reports

KKBC_ORD - Detailed report for orders - but only for one order

KKBC_HOE as well - this is for summarization hierarchies and for all orders