cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with base and target document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

My customer is telling me that the "copy to AR invoice" function in the sales order doesn't link the documents together (but randomly).

Have you ever seen this before ? If yes, what was the scenario ?

Thanks

Charles

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok thanks everyone, we didn't find the cause because the customer can't tell what he has done but at least I was able to answer.

I think it's because he removed the BP after doing a copy to and put the same BP back.

thanks

Charles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer but everyone is saying that the link can be broken by changing something at the row level, how do we do that ?

Charles

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you change warehouse for example, you can break the link.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The link is broken if any of the field is updated on target document like you change the Qty, or price or even update the description of item etc.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

The customer version is 8.8 PL19.

I tried to reproduce the problem by modyfing the target document but I can't break the link. Please tell me the exact scenario.

thanks

Charles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

You can reproduce the issue by

1. Copy the Sales Order to AR Invoice

2. Cut the Customer Code

3. Click on some other filed in header

4. Paste the Customer code again

5. You can notice the Base Document Icon get greyed out, which means you lost the document connectivity.

This is the behaviour in SAP B1 of all version and patches, this is not a bug.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charles.....

Such thing happens only when user makes changes in Row Level Items at target documents.

Please make sure that there should not be any change else there will be no link with base and target document........

Regards,

Rahul

jbrotto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

make sure that there no changes done to the document. also make atleast b1 2007 is being used as this was problem with old versions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whats is your SAP version and PL?

Sales Order copy to AR Invoice should work or in vice versa AR Invoice copy from Sales Order.

The only scenario that it will not work if you customer try to duplicate rows this will lost its link or

bugs in SAP Version and PL.

Thanks.