Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem while assigning Differant valuation class to same material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have one finished production called - 1000

Now i have assigned this 1000 - finished product to valuation calss 7920 and plant 1100. The same material we use for plant 1200 also.. Now i am trying to map the same 1000-finished product to plant 1200 by creating 7921 valuation calss.

But the system is not allowing me to give valuation class 7921 for material 1000 since it was alread created with 7920.

I am a FICO consultant and dont have much idea. please help me how to assign same material -1000 to differant plants with differant valuation classes?

Thanks

Anil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vijaykumar_gadhe
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

have maintained material type and valuation class combination in OMSK

regards

vijay

Edited by: vijju489 on Jul 14, 2010 11:11 AM

Edited by: vijju489 on Jul 14, 2010 11:11 AM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Valuation Class:

The stock values of materials of the same material type to be posted in different G/L Accounts.

The stock values of materials of different material types to be posted to the same G/L Account.

As far as in your scenario concerned we can't create same material for another plant but we can extend it to another plant with the same valuation class that can be only possible in your criteria

Thanks & Regards,

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anil,

First of all you have to assign both the valuation classes to this material type in SPRO and then extend the same material for plant 1100 and 1200.

At the time of extending the material for both plants you can choose the required valuation class in accounting view of material master.

I hope it will help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have done the same. But while giving 2nd valuaiton class for same material in extending, it is not allowing. please help me out

Thanks