cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem related to user exit in PO?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to put a check in po as noby would able to change the Description of material. So PLz Tell me a user exit for that.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Inorder to achieve this why cant you make the material description field as display only in n

"Define Screen Layout at Document Level" customzing

• Transaction OLME -> Purchase Order -> Define Screen Layout at Document Level

• Please refer SAP note 30316 as well

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I cann't do the material description field in display mode because in case of service entry sheet we add only description . So plz tell me how can i restrict yhe user exit only for materials other than service entry sheet po's.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhinav,

you can write your ABAP code in the mention user exit "EXIT_SAPMM06E_012" which is meant for Checking the Customer-Specific Data Before Saving.

Or you can use the Exit "EXIT_SAPMM06E_013" used to Update Customer's Own Data in Purchasing Document.

Either of these exit will serve your purpose. I prefer, you write your ABAP Logic in Exit EXIT_SAPMM06E_013. 'coz it is called at the time of saving the Document.

Regards,

S Anand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi S.Anand,

Please tell me that if I want to exclude service po from that user exit , how can i do that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U can't use the EXIT_SAPMM06E_012 of MM06E005 as

With the enhancement, you can

o Maintain/supply your own customer fields in the headers and ite

all purchasing documents except purchase requisitions

o Update your own customer-specific tables

You cannot:

o Change standard fields

o Change data that depends on the document header in the items

o Change data that depends on an item in the document header

So for changing the standard field use the below badi....

Use badi ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST method PROCESS_ITEM .

Functionality

The PROCESS_ITEM method enables you to change the item data and check it for correctness.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhinav,

Whether your PO is Service PO or not is decided by your PO Type (if you have exclusive PO Series for Service PO) or by the Item Category 'D' which is available at Item Level.

Depending upon the Item Category you can apply your logic to exclude the Service PO (having item Category 'D').

Ask your ABAPer to do that.

Regards,

S Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I havent told him to change any standard field, but he can use this exit to have control as per his wishes.

As per my understanding, he is facing probelm with Material Description field. Coz users Changes the Default Description ( which is appearing from the material master). and he want to restrict user from doing so excluding Service PO, where he wants to have editable control.

So the Best way to achieve is Exit Control. This can not be achieved by PO Field Selections.

Regards,

S Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think easy to get your results by restricting through user-authorizations rather than User exits, just it's alternate.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

If it can be restricted through user authorization then plz tell how to do that but if you can tell me the user exit then I will also help me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use badi ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST method PROCESS_ITEM .

Functionality

The PROCESS_ITEM method enables you to change the item data and check it for correctness.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use User Exit EXIT_SAPMM06E_012 (Enhancement MM06E005).

Regards,

S Anand