cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in LSMW for sub assets

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i have created an LSMW for AS94(sub-number) with direct data method. When i run it, i get the error message 'AU 256 Different asset class 00000090 in sub number.' The long text of the message says that the asset class of the main number is blank. I suppose this means that the system is not able to retrieve the main asset number from ANLA based on the main asset number in my upload file. i have checked and double checked. The asset class of the main number and the asset class in my upload file is the same. I have tried uploading with and without leading zeroes in my main number in the upload file but to no avail. What could be the issue? Please help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Change in the LSMW the D in a B then you have a BDC and then you can see in the BDC what is filled in.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I already tried using batch input instead of direct input. But for batch input i don't get this error. The thing is that asset class is actually not required for AS94 as it only needs the main asset number to create a sub number. But for some reason, for direct input, the program requires the asset class. For batch input, it seems the asset class is not needed and it goes thru.

regards

Anu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you define the field in the mapping with no-data when it is an sub-asset. Perhaps it keeps in memory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I found the solution to the problem today morning. It seems that an AS94 transaction cannot be uploaded by itself in LSMW. I created 2 records in my source file - 1st with AS91 transaction code and the 2nd with AS94 transaction code. The system created the 1st record as a main number and the 2nd as a sub-number for the main number created for the 1st record. That means, after the 1st record was created, the system passed the asset number created to the 2nd record for creation of sub number. This is really fantastic behaviour from SAP. I never expected that the system would keep the output of a record in memory and pass it to a subsequent record.

Regards

Anu

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Patricia,

I am not using recording. I am using RALTD11. What i did was i included both the main number source data and the sub number source data in the same file. Say, if line 1 is main number data then line 2 should be sub number data. Line 3 can also be sub-number data if there is more than 1 sub-number to be created for the same main number. the transaction code should also be part of the source file. so the 1st line in the above example should have transaction code AS91 while the 2nd line should have the transaction code AS94. Then the system will create the main asset number for the 1st line and will create a sub number for the 2nd line. the sub number created for the 2nd line will have the same asset number as the 1st line. so it seems the system passes the main number created from the 1st record to the next since it recognises that the 2nd line is a sub number. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any more help.

Regards

Anu

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Patricia,

I am not using recording. I am using RALTD11. What i did was i included both the main number source data and the sub number source data in the same file. Say, if line 1 is main number data then line 2 should be sub number data. Line 3 can also be sub-number data if there is more than 1 sub-number to be created for the same main number. the transaction code should also be part of the source file. so the 1st line in the above example should have transaction code AS91 while the 2nd line should have the transaction code AS94. Then the system will create the main asset number for the 1st line and will create a sub number for the 2nd line. the sub number created for the 2nd line will have the same asset number as the 1st line. so it seems the system passes the main number created from the 1st record to the next since it recognises that the 2nd line is a sub number. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any more help.

Regards

Anu

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Patricia,

Regards

Anu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Anu!

i have another question, my client have more than one Depreciation Area, and have problems to fill the ANBTRnn, because in the standard object , has only one record to fill, do you have any experience with this issue?, that's why i was using a recording instead a standard object.

Thank in advance.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Patricia

the standard LSMw program can accomodate 8 depreciation area data. for the 1st area, you will fill in the source data in AFABE01, AFABG01, ANBTR01 etc fields. For the next depreciation area you will fill in AFABE02, AFABG02, ANBTR02, etc field and so on. SAP provides for 8 depreciaiton areas. If you have more than 8 depr areas then you would need to amend the BALTD and BALTB structure to accomodate those.

Hope this helps. Please give points for good answer if you are happy.

Regards

Anu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anu:

Thanks a lot for this information, but maybe i don't give a good explanation of my problem, i have more than one values in field ANBTR01, i mean in the AS91 transaction, i have the takeover values section and i want to pass the ANBTR01-1 and ANBTR01-6 (Cum.acquis.val. and Accm.ord.deprec). but in he standard object i only have one anbtr01.

Thanks in advance.

Im ver happy with your answer but i don't know how to give points

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Patricia

sorry, if i still don't understand the issue. But waht is the reason that you need to fill in 6 ANBTR values. Isn't it becasue you have 6 depreciation areas. In that case, the thing to do is to fill in each depreciation area value in ANBTR01, ANBTR02 etc. Before this you also have to indicate the sequence of your depreciation areas in AFABE01, AFABE02, etc. I have used this before with multiple depreciation areas.

On the left side of the various replies, you should see three radio buttons to give points. You can choose the one whihc is appropriate.

Regards

Anu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When uploading the Assets with LSMW, Please check the fields in the Table ANLA

BUKRS

ANLN1

ANLN2

ANLKL