cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in HRMD_A Idocs: Object is Locked

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I would like to ask for assistance on the problem below.

We've encountered almost everyday failed HRMD_A idocs. Almost all of the idocs have the same error message: "Object is Locked. A locked key has been set for the object."

The object type is "P".

Can you help us on how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You might have opened PA30 for the person P.

If you get the error go to SM12 and for the person P delete the lock entry before PFAL execution.

Regards,

Divya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

Thanks for your help! Points rewarded.

But here is the scenario of the problem.

It is sending of the HR master data from one system to another system. We've encountered the idocs in error in the receiver system. This problem started last April and up to now. Can you help us on how this issues? Do we need to re-process it, in the sending or receiver system?

I've tried already SM12. I've put * in the field user. But in the search results, there are no entries related to updating HR tables and objects.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the locked object the sender system itself will not send the idoc.

and hence the error for the lock object might have been seen in the sender system and not the receiver system.

Yes you can process the idocs which are in error in the receiver system by frequently scheduling reports like

RBDMANI2-Schedule update of idocs with errors and

RBDAPP01- for ready for transfer idocs

I suggest you use the bapi way of transferring data, where the receiving system reads data from the sender system once a day and reads only that data which is changed during that date.

Regards,

Divya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

As what you've said that the error might have been seen in the sender system, may we know on how we can figure out if an object is locked? How this should be unlock? How should SM12 be use, like what if I don't know what specific table the idoc is updating.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to tell me details like

a) how is the ale executed i.e. what triggers the transfer or calling of PFAL transaction. Is there any customization involved or coding done and if yes where .

b) How important is the data in the sense is an immediate transfer needed.

Regards,

Divya

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Run Idocs at night when the users in the system are minimal.

This will help prevent the lock issue.

Regards,

Divya