cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Collective billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an issue while combining two delivery documents into one billing document.

System pulled two deliveries in VF04. The split analysis shows Split due to different header data. The field name it is saying Assignment number.

Based on this thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/1129914 I verified all header data. it looks same. Not sure why I am getting this issue.

I verified copy controls also. They look good. In VTFL, the header has 003 copying requirements, Assignment number C, Reference number E.

At item level, 004 copying requirement, Data VBRK/VBRP has 001.

Please advise me.

Thanks

Siri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

First of all , you have to know which factors will effected on Splitting  .

Note : You have explained very well about how Splitting was happening in your Query So, just check at header level and Item Level data before know the Splitting Factors .

Request : Please search in Google , you can get a lot of threads on this .Examine more & then get correct .

Sai and Venu .....Good Work ( Keep it up )

Thanks,

Naren

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think so i have done any great job here.. Anyway thanks for your appreciation

Sai Krishna.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Siri, Members,

The split analysis shows Split due to different header data. The field name it is saying Assignment number.

Why do you go to copying requirements? (to analyze this issue further)

Copying requirements check if the requirements are fulfilled or not in order to create the next document (in this case billing document) via copying.

In order to analyze the cause(s) of splitting, one should go to Copying requirements?

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

You are correct. But, As I highlighted we are not supposed to do the changes without getting confirmation from FI and client.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sai,

I agree with you!

These "integration related" developments, enhancements, issue resolutions (e.g. between SD-FI, MM-SD etc.) need "permission" / approval from the lead of various SAP modules and more importantly from the client.

Could you please take an example and convey, based on your experience?

(e.g. creating a new G/L account, new Customer account assignment group and the related SD configuration)

Thank you, in advance!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear simple

just change assignment no TO E and reference no C

CHECK THIS LINK

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3331973

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Venu for quick reply.

I tried as you suggested, but no luck. Now split analysis is showing "Reference document number".

Thanks

Siri.

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Venu,

Your suggestion may solve the issue for this case. But, it before doing this we have to consult our FI consultant and Client AR incharge. These fields may be used by them for line item opening and payment from customers. Ensure that it will not have impact there.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ensure that Reference = C. BTW, please follow my earlier reply before doing such changes.

Sai.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sai,

Two questions based on two of your posts in this thread -

Ensure that Reference = C

Any particular reason why Reference number should be C? (in VTFL, header level)

It could be any of the choices given in F4 (for that field), it depends upon the business processes and requirements.

These fields may be used by them for line item opening and payment from customers. 

Specifically Assignment number (VTFL, header level);

in table BKPF is this field present?

What do you mean by "item opening and payment from customers"?

Thank you, in advance!

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

Sorry, Yes, By mistake i have given C. It should be anything depends on business. If you see my first post thats what i explained. You are correct.

Coming to assignment: Yes, I remember we used this field for A/R reports. Esp, FBL5N.

If we press F1, we will get below info.

Assignment number

The allocation is additional information in the customer line item of the accounting document.

The line items of an account are displayed in sort sequence according to the content of the field.

The allocation number is set in the billing document in accordance with control in document flow and transferred to the financial accounting document.

It is possible to set the customer purchase order number, the customer order number, the delivery number or the external delivery number as allocation numbers.

The field is a separating criterion in the billing document.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sai,

W.r.t. field "Assignment number" -

before asking my above question, I say the VTFL settings in my client system, I read the F1 help and also tried to find this field in table BKPF.

Specifically talking w.r.t. Accounting activities and the accounting document.

I have seen that for some processes + company codes, in my client system, this field is blank!

Thus my question to you, what do you mean by

item opening and payment from customers.

Side comment: the F1 Help for this field "Assignment number" does not help understand the impact of this field on the accounting document.

Probably this question would be "easily" answered in the SAP FI forum.

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TW Sir,

We don't need to go to FI forum.

I will explain whatever i remember, anyway by Monday I will confirm you what exactly i have done in my previous project As business scenario document is in my laptop.

1. In India, the billing number should be Sales office specific. Hence, we did an enhancement to pick the billing number specific to sales office and assignment number should keep the actual billing number. ( I am not able to recollect whether it was reference number or assignment number).

Details will furnish by Monday.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sai,

the billing number should be Sales office specific.

I feel that sharing business requirements based on real-time experience is of great value to members!

Thank you!

I request you to give as many real-time requirements, with post.

Coming to your comment, was the requirement that for e.g.

SO1 - billing document number range should be 1 to 1000

SO2 - billing document number range should be 2 to 2000

More importantly, for SO1, for any process be it OTC, Rush order, Cash sale, consignment etc. the number range should be 1 to 1000?

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

Thanks for you reply. I am indeed happy to share my real time experiences. I request all other members to do the same.

One point I would like to highlight here is, We provide lot of solutions in our projects, the solution may not be correct, but, this is the only place where we can correct our solutions.

In my case it was like All Invoices of that sales office should have one sequence, all credit memo should have one sequence and all Debit memo's should have one sequence. Another important point was we have to reset these numbers on starting of  every financial year.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Siri,

Assuming that you are conducting tests or practice, change field Reference Number = E, in VTFL.

And test / check.

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

As Promised, let me explain you the scenario.

In one of my projects, the billing document should be specific to sales office. So, we have done small configuration (Cross-Application Components - General Application Functions - Cross-Application Document Numbering - Taiwan). So here based on the sales office the system will pick up the number and will be stored as reference number in Billing document. However, the actual F2 billing number will be as it is and stored at Assignment field.

Now, if we go to BSEG table - system will pick up the assignment number and same can be seen in FBL5N as well. In FBL5n you can also see the reference number.

What I understand from my FI colleague is that, Assignment number is the key for AR person while receive payments from customer.

Let me know if you still need any details here.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

So here based on the sales office the system will pick up the number and will be stored as reference number in Billing document. However, the actual F2 billing number will be as it is and stored at Assignment field.

Seriously ,I am not getting you .

Note :But one thing ,I need to explain for you is Reference Number is just Sales Document Number

Assignment  Number is just as from MM Part of view as PO number .

Note : Can you explain in detail of this.

Thanks,

Naren

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Note :But one thing ,I need to explain for you is Reference Number is just Sales Document Numbe

Dear Naren,

I am not sure from where you got the above piece of information. As I explained in my earlier post, We had a situation where my client has to file the tax returns based on sales office. Hence, the serial number of the Invoice should be in sequential order.In order to achieve this we used the above said functionality. As you know in standard SAP we can have billing document number based on billing type. So, we configured the above one so that the reference number will be specific to sales office and in Invoice, we will print that number along with SAP billing type number. This can be very well seen in FBL5N as well.

Note: You will have various ways to achieve sales office wise number range, but i wanted to avoid enhancement so I choosed this way.

Assignment  Number is just as from MM Part of view as PO number .

The assignment is can be anything based on your copy controls. But in all my cases we have used billing number as assignment number. This can be seen in BSEG table/FBL5n and also A/R person will use this as a reference key while collecting payments from customers. You can very well check with your FI consultant.

I also request you to explain us what is MM part of view as PO number and how it relates to SAP SD.

Note: You can also wait for some experts to respond on my post. So that you will get better understanding.

If we take the things with open mind, there are lot of things to learn from each and every post.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sai,

Many thanks for sharing this business requirement and the relevant mapping in SAP!

From a perspective to learn, below are some questions, comments:

1. In billing, the sales office is at item level, in other words, in a billing document there could multiple different sales offices.

If this would be the case, then which sales office would be "selected" in order to extract the billing document number?

2. Please explain - The number range was create via the path you have mentioned

Cross-Application Components - General Application Functions - Cross-Application Document Numbering - Taiwan

How / where is the assignment of number range and sales office done?

Is it standard or enhancement (i.e. coding) to get the number in the field Reference number?

3. Please explain giving a business example:

my client has to file the tax returns based on sales office.

Is it that to "calculate" (or keep track of) the sale (i.e. billing value) you are did this enhancement / mapping?

In other words what was the reason behind this business requirement?

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear TW,

1. We will create a business place and assign to Sales office. In the same path you can see maintain number range and assign number range to business places. Based on this configuration the reference field will get this number ( I don't think so i have done any enchantment for this).

2. In my client scenario, orders are booked at Sales office level and billing also done at each sales office.

3. By keeping point 2 and also, they have to file returns from each sales office (sales office = state, each state has sales tax department) and while filing returns you shouldn't miss any numbers in between.

Please let me know if you need any more information. I am think of creating a document on post in our forum.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sai,

Thank you for the explanation!

Please do create a document, this might help many members!

Thanks once again for the spirit of sharing and your effort!

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Good Explanation but here I didnt satisfy with your answers why because I know FICO and MM  Part .You no need say / stress as FBL5N T.Code .

Assignment Number and Reference Numbers are useful for FICO consultant to understand where / how the Cycle has been started .

One more thing is ,we can see these fields in VTFA ,VTFL and VTFF  not in VTAA and VTLA .

Note : We can see this in Accounting Document number also .

If you have any doubts please let me know .

Thanks,

Naren

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Naren,

“Each work has to pass through these stages—ridicule, opposition, and then acceptance. Those who think ahead of their time are sure to be misunderstood.”
Swami Vivekananda

Regards, Sai Krishna.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

What a Good theme you had .

Thanks,

Naren

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Please have a look into below thread .You can understand its purpose after reading at least ,past what I have asked on this same thing .It has answered by our Moderator .

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3296340

Please comment on this .

Thanks,

Naren