cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem if the same material exists in different plants

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a query. The same material number exists in differnt plants. In this case, if two users in different plants are accessing the material batch at the same time, one of the users will get the error message that it is currently getting processed by other. Do we have any settings to control this activity at plant level?

Regards

Brijesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member207609
Contributor
0 Kudos

I think the reason is that the batch is activated at material level or client level in customization OMCE. please check if the 'Batch unique at material level' or 'Batch unique at client level for material'. 'Batch unique at plant level' may be help, however there is something you need to check while converting the level, please check the SAP note 41715.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leon.

In our case, the batch is unique at material level, not unique at plant level. I am not able to change it as I am getting an Information message "This type of conversion is not yet implemented".

But even if when the same material exists in different plants, differnt users operating at differnt plants cannot process that particular material at the same time right? So is there any settings available in SAP to fix this kind of problem? Thanks for your time.

Regards

Brijesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for the inputs

Anupam1143
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

Batch data is plant specific then how it get locked?

you can configure late lock in the system spro>Material management>General settings for MM>set material block for goods movement>Late lock> give time

Regards

Anuapm Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the same material exists in different plants, definetely that problem will arise. You can check the same thing from your end as well in MSC2N.

Regards

Brijesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to know if there is any specific setting so that if the same material existing in differnt plants should not get locked by another user opearting from a different plant at the same time. This is impacting the business. Please advice.

Regards

Brijesh.