cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Layourt Designer how to migrate a report from one SBO to another

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have written a report on my Test version of SBO and need to migrate it to the customers site but cant see a method of exporting/Importing a User Report

(I am probably missing something obvious though.....) but would appreciate a prod in the right direction. thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George,

if you have the possibility to get the source and destination company at one SQL-Server, you can copy`n paste the reports.

This will work only if you can copy the report details (don`t forget the hidden parts) and wthin SBO take the "choose company" possibility to went directly to the destination company to paste the report.

May you will be lucky to know, that SBO-2005 will bring you a new Add-On - called "Copy Express" - that will do this things for you in the future

Hope it is helpfull

Regards

Heiko

rasmuswulff_jensen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

THe SBO2005A SDK also have the possibility to import and export reports to XML using the reportLayoutService, so just write a little add-on that can do it (Was the first add-on I wrote when went into evauation :-)... But please not that if you need to copy reports from upgraded databases then you need to have at least SBO2005A PL05... Patchlevel lower than that have a bug in the toXML system for the reportLayout object

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rasmus:

I've some problems about reportlayouts in SBO. My files XML have been generated to all my report layouts, but when I wanna reconstructe the reports I can't.

I read that you've done this yet, so i'd like to get some orientation about it.

Thanks,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

wow lots of great info here Thanks very much I will prob head down the path of the XML export of the report....

thanks again...

former_member184566
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi George,

There is two ways, you can either copy it over......but sometimes all the alignment goes off.

Or you can use the query SAP have given in a note. I do not remember the note number. But here is an extract of the note. I use this query often and have kept this extract one side. It only copies the layouts that do not exist in the destination company. Here is the extract.

An SQL query can be used to copy documents from one database to another, however the following conditions must be met:

1. Only edited documents with a doccode (the template primery key), which does not exist in the destination database, will be copied.

2. It is necessary to backup source and destination databases before running the query!!!

3. Both databases must share the same localization and the same version!!!

4. Select "Start" -> "Programs" -> "Microsoft SQL Server" -> "Query Analyzer" and run the following query:

-

Replace SOURCE with the source database name.

-

Replace DEST with the destination database name.

insert into [DEST].[dbo].[RDOC]

select [SOURCE].[dbo].[RDOC].*

from

[SOURCE].[dbo].[RDOC],[DEST].[dbo].[cinf],[SOURCE].[dbo].[cinf]

where [DEST].[dbo].[cinf].[lawsset]=[SOURCE].[dbo].[cinf].[lawsset]and [DEST].[dbo].[cinf].[version]=[SOURCE].[dbo].[cinf].[version] and [SOURCE].[dbo].[RDOC].[Doccode]NOT IN (SELECT Doccode from [DEST].[dbo].[RDOC])

insert into [DEST].[dbo].[RITM]

select [SOURCE].[dbo].[RITM].*

from [SOURCE].[dbo].[RITM],[DEST].[dbo].[cinf],[SOURCE].[dbo].[cinf] where [SOURCE].[dbo].[RITM].[Doccode] NOT IN (select Doccode from [DEST].[dbo].[RITM])AND [SOURCE].[dbo].[RITM].[Doccode]IN (SELECT Doccode from [DEST].[dbo].[RDOC])

The query is also attached to this note!

Hope this helps.