cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price Variance at the time of MIRO is going to Price Variance Account instead of Inventory Account

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a Raw Material, which is having Price Indicator as V and the Price Determination is 2. I have raised a PO for 100 Units at 1.50 USD per Unit. GR is done for 100 units. At the time of IR, the Value of Invoice is 200 USD.

Since, there is enough stock coverage, the variance should be adjusted to Inventory Value (Material Price). However, at the time of FI Document posting the difference of 50 USD is going to Price Variance Account (DIF in OBYC) is getting triggered.

All SAP Notes speak of Stock Coverage, however, i have enough stock coverage.

Regards

Sundar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rodrigo_amorim01
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sundar,

When the invoice are being posted, are you changing the amount inside the items or only modifying the amount in invoice header?

If you only modify the header amount, the system will trigger the account regarding the price difference, however, when you also modify the item material amount the inventory is updated with the new value.

By the way, check yours constrains regarding price difference, on t-code OMR6 tolerance key PP, it must be more than 25% in percentage or greater than $ 50 USD. generally this values are lower.

Regards,

Rodrigo Amorim

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you check what is tolerance limit for the price variance?

As per value shared by you, it seems like the price variance in % between PO & IR is more than 25%.

Thanks,
JP