cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price field mandatory while creating PR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

i have a requirement to make PR price field mandatory for certain PR document types while creating the PR (ME51N). i have tried to the make the price and price unit field required via Define Screen Layout at Document Level but its not working.

what are the alternatives to implement the solution. do i need to use a BADI to make the price field mandatory in ME51N?

expecting prompt responses,

Best Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can create a custom BADI Implementation from standard BADI ME_PROCESS_RED_CUST for doing this.

Use the the method PROCESS_ITEM for validating.the price.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shambu,

Thanks for your response. yes i am also thinking of doing the same. is there any other alternative which i can use in this regard. i want to go for BADI as a last resort.

Regards,

Jammy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you try creating a new screen layout and assigning it to the specific document type that you require?

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Generally when you are creating purchase requisition for valuated material, Price in the purchase requisition picks price from Material Master  where you have Standard document type for purchase requisition.

In other hand,when you are creating purchase requisition for non-valuated material/service, Price in the purchase requisition picks price from contract where purchase requisition have have different document type.If purchase requisition not cretaed WRT contract  and created directly then price can be maintaioned by making Required Entry" by a separate field selction key for this different document type.

As in your case, you are very specific, then check for functonal module.

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

mathewgeorge
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Jammy,

It is the default setting you are trying to accomplish. It is the way SAP behaves normally. Nothing additional required.

If it is not behaving like that as Jurgen said, there should be some customizations done.

Mathew

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you done any special customizing/development?

In standard SAP the valuation price is mandatory if you procure a text item, and the price is automatically pulled from material master if you create a PR with material number.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may do it by implement any of the following user exits

EXIT_SAPLMEREQ_001

EXIT_SAPLMEREQ_002

EXIT_SAPLMEREQ_003

EXIT_SAPLMEREQ_004 

EXIT_SAPLMEREQ_005 

EXIT_SAPLMEREQ_006 

EXIT_SAPLMEREQ_007  

EXIT_SAPLMEREQ_008  

EXIT_SAPLMEREQ_009  

EXIT_SAPLMEREQ_010.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

try changing for

AKTH

AKTV

ME51

ME51N

Regards,

Ashwini.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwini,

thanks for your response. i cannot change the setting at ME51N or ME51 level as it will affect all the PR doc types. the business wants this for only some PR doc types. rest of the field selection types, i have tried them.its not working.

Kindly assist.

Regards,

Jammy

Former Member
0 Kudos

do customize in define screen layout at document level for PR, in that select the field selection key NBB here you can do the mandatory field for valuation price & assign this NBB field selection key in your required PR document types...

Former Member
0 Kudos

is the screen layout route not working?

You can do anything with Badi or enhancements, what are you exactly looking for?

Regards,

Dakshesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dakshesh,

Thanks for your response. yes the screen layout route is not working. i want to make the valuation price field mandatory while creating a PR of certain PR doc type.

kindly assist.

Regards,

Jammy