Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preventive Maintenance Schedule is not processing

former_member806758
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Am facing a problem in Preventive Maintenance Scheduling...

1. I have created a strategy(IP11)

Now in IP11, i have created 3 packages with hierarchy 1,2,3.

2. I have created tasklist assigning the strategy(IA01)

Now in IA01, i have given maintenance package.

3. I have created plan using strategy and tasklist(IP42)

Now in IP42, i have given Call horizon as 95%, Scheduling indicator as Time,

Scheduling period as 1Yr and i have not ticked completion requirement.

4. I have scheduled plan(IP10)

Now in IP10, i have given plan no. and i gave start.

Then the schedule is created with plan date and call date.

My problem:

Order is generating for the first call date, but for the remaining call date it was not generating the order.

Automatic order generation is not happening.

please guide me.

Regards

Mohan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

You can set up a background job for deadline monitoring (IP30) so that the system automatically schedules your maintenance plans with respect to the defined schedule.

If you create a background job, and you did not tick the completion requirement, system will generate the call object once the call horizon has been met even though the previous order has not yet been executed or completed, you can go back and get the requirement from your customer, do they want the system to generate work orders from the maintenance plan even with the old order is still open or not.

Hope this helps.

B.R.

Elmer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

You can set up a background job for deadline monitoring (IP30) so that the system automatically schedules your maintenance plans with respect to the defined schedule.

If you create a background job, and you did not tick the completion requirement, system will generate the call object once the call horizon has been met even though the previous order has not yet been executed or completed, you can go back and get the requirement from your customer, do they want the system to generate work orders from the maintenance plan even with the old order is still open or not.

Hope this helps.

B.R.

Elmer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

Hope this helps.

B.R.

Elmer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

Hope this helps.

B.R.

Elmer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

Hope this helps.

B.R.

Elmer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Order gets generated on Call date mentioned against call (which you can see in IP02/03/10) in scheduling list. It gets created on call date on running IP10 or IP30 (background scheduling). If order do not gets generated even from IP10 or IP30 then check for logs generated and let us know.

rgds

former_member806758
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Talanki,

so for every month we have to run IP10/IP30 ??????

i think it should automatically generate orders w.r.t. plan schedule.

Regards

Mohan

Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

For IP30, you need to set up a background job to run program RISTRA20 (IP30) on a regular basis.

For RISTRA20, consult with your BASIS team. To run this program you have to create a variant to run IP30 & ask your basis team to run this program with provided variant on regular basis.

Whenever the IP30 is done for this Maint. Plan, Maintenance Order gets generated in system.

Also check following Link

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3185273

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1953440

http://scn.sap.com/message/13310188

Please Check at your end. I hope it will help to solve your problem.

Regards

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

IP10 is a manual process. It is not possible to run IP10 for all maintenance plans individually. Hence You need to use IP30. this activity needs to be triggered once in every week or as per your business requirement so that orders due for next 7 days  (this can also be selected in IP30) can be created and planner can plan these orders for execution.

without IP30 / IP10 you cannot gets preventive maint orders automatically.

For setting up the background job you may refer post posted by Mr. Ritesh.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you selected Completion Requirement in maintenance plan? If yes, then based on previous order completion only, subsequent orders will get generated.

If above resolution doesn't satisfy your issue, please attach your plan & scheduling screen shots (all screen shots). Even task list & maintenance strategy will have impact. In maintenance strategy, have you defined any offset for other packages?

former_member806758
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Maheswaran,

thank u for replying....

I have not selected Completion Requirement.

No offset is given.

Regards

Mohan

Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

Maintenance Order will generate when the Call Date Arrives. In IP10 you can see the various Call Dates. When next Call Date Arrives & you do IP30 then Maint. Order will be automatically created in System.

Please check at your end...

I hope this will help to resolve your problem.

Regards

Ritesh

former_member806758
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Ritesh,

so for every month we have to run IP10/IP30 ??????

i think it should automatically generate orders w.r.t. plan schedule.

Regards

Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

Hope this helps.

B.R.

Elmer