cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preventing GR from a PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We create standard POs (NB type) for inter company goods movements and for external vendors. For inter company goods movements, we have the inter company replenishment deliveries while but don't create inbound deliveries from the vendors in our system.

We want to have a process whereby the users can do a MIGO for the inter co replenishment deliveries only from the deliveries, not against the POs.

For the external vendors, obviously, we have to do the MIGO against the POs. Is this possible? If so, where does this configuration lie?

Thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you use Stock Transfer Order for intercompany goods? This will allow you to post MIGO referencing delivery. Also, this is considered as valuated receipt nad MAP gets changed accordingly.

Shekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shekhar,

No, I'm afraid not...we are running SAP now for over 4 years and it is pretty much impossible to change the entire set up now, apart from the valuation part which will have to be re-configured etc. I had proposed the idea but was shot down for too much change just because people are not following the right proces sometimes. !

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This can as well be prevent via setting message M7 352 as error, according to OSS note 361014 - Meaning of message M7352.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use the confirmation functionality. You have to do little bit configuration for this one. Mention in PO.

In purchase order item detialsconfirmation tab----inbound deliveries

After this setting , you can't do the MIGO against Purchase order. you can do the MIGO against inbound delivery only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kristk & Sarva,

Sorry, guess I didn't make it clear enough - we don't create inbound deliveries at all...the PO type is same, NB for all cases - external vendors or IC vendors but only in the latter case, we want to prevent the GR w/ respect to the PO (we want it wrt the delivery - actually the problem is 2 fold - people are mistakenly doing the GR w/o the GI having taken place from the PO, besides, when done against the PO, if the delivery qty and PO quantity differ, we have an imbalance - to prevent this, we are looking for this solution that the users can't GR from the PO at all, they have to per force use the delivery and then standard SAP will prevent them from doing the GR if the GI has not occured yet).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if it is intra company purchase order it prevents GR. If purchase order document type is UB , we can't do GR with out GI.

In intercompany purchase orders there is no standard functionality as per my knowledge. Let us wait for suitbale solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Right, for UB it does, for NB it doesn't prevent GR w/o GI. This is what we want to achieve but I couldn't see any configuration that can enable this, I was thinking there might be a user exit or BAdI that can help achieve this but have not been able to find any thus far.

0 Kudos

Hi,

This can be controlled through Vendor master.

The field in vendor master "Purchasing View" - Confirmation control can be used to differentiate Inbound delivery is required for the PO or GR is required

Regards

Sarva