cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preventing expired batch from being sold

Former Member
0 Kudos

Currently in one of our client's setup, I can select expired batch from the list of items. Is there a way to prevent expired items from being selected when creating sales order (VA01) or, if the user can select the expired item, at least display an error or warning message?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do try making the batch in resticted use in change batch basic data1 tab,activate radio button of batch status for Batch restr.

It makes

Batch in Restricted-Use Stock

Specifies that the batch is included in restricted-use stock.

Use

If, though a batch has the status "restricted", you want to use a goods movement to post a quantity to unrestricted-use stock, the quantity is posted to restricted-use stock and not to unrestricted-use stock.

If the status of a batch is set to restricted, the total unrestricted-use stock is transferred to restricted-use stock by means of a transfer posting. A material document is created.

You cannot change the status of a batch (unrestricted/restricted) in a goods movement, only with the following functions:

by maintaining the batch master record manually

using the control function provided in the QM system

Configurations for Restricted-Use Stock

For planning purposes, restricted-use stock is treated like blocked stock, that is, it is either available or not available, depending on your system configuration.

Withdrawals from restricted-use stock are either possible or not possible, depending on your system configuration.

The status of a batch can be considered in batch determination, that is, you can search for unrestricted or for restricted batches.

_(This has been adopted from SAP documentation.)

Change batch T.code-*MSC2n*Regards,

Reddyy

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the help. I managed to get what I am looking for. I used batch search strategy to filter out the expired batches.

Cheers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Nice to know that your problem is solved.

Why dont you explain what you did for solution.

Everybody in forum will be benifeted with your reply.

Regards,

Reddyy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found this [website|http://www.renet-web.net/2008/09/05/sap-batch-determination-made-easy/] here in SDN about batch determination in SD. And also this [config guide|http://help.sap.com/bp_blv1600/V5600/BBLibrary/Documentation/117_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_IN.doc] from SAP. I just used VCH1 to filter out the expired batches and it worked. Then I recommended to add a user-exit that will warn users if ever they are selecting a batch that is nearly expiring.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check these threads

[Re-testing of Expired Batch |]

[Expired Batches |]

[Expired materials excluded from MRP |;

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi