Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preventing duplicate inbound deliveries for the same PO item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have a two step goods input process that involves:

a) An inbound delivery (ID)  (VL31N)

b) Goods input with respect to inbound delivery (MIGO)

Purpose is to address the quantity differences between the delivery note and real quantities, as the delivery and Migo are being performed by different people, anyways.

The problem is, in VL31N, multiple deliveries can be created for the same PO item.

Lets say we have 1000 quantity for PO item 10.

System lets us create two deliveries with quantities 900 and 900, which results in error in te goods receipt step, as there is no such free PO quantity.

GR checks the quantity, ID does not.

Is there any way for availability check during inbound delivery creation (VL31N), I wish users to be stopped, saying "there is only 100 quantity for this PO/item".

I hope it is clear,

<removed by moderator>

Thanks in advance

Message was edited by: Jürgen L

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

RobynCouch
Contributor

You should be able to configure message ME 161 as an error.  This will prevent the second delivery quantity exceeding the remaining PO quantity plus any over delivery tolerance.

In SPRO you can do that under Materials Management --> Purchasing --> Environment Data --> Define Attributes of System Messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created your same scenerio in our system. 1st inbound delivery was created for 900 quantity by ID train2. plz find screen shot of inbound delivery.

And when i created 2nd inbound delivery for same PO but with different ID Train 2C, then system 1st automatically selected 100 quantity then i changed to 900 quantity but system gave me error message.

Plz configure this error message ME-160

Notified quantity exceeds quantity ordered 

And then check with your scenerio and let us know if it is working fine.

RobynCouch
Contributor
0 Kudos

This doesn't work correctly when combined with an over delivery tolerance in the purchase order item.

jagdeepsingh83
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you can explore using a BADI, to compare the data from EKBE and MKPF table if you are passing delievey number in the Material Document. Then give the information data to user about.

ATP will not be recommend as Material can be received from more then one source.

BADI NAME- LE_SHP_DELIVERY_PROC