cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prepayment request and final invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone help with a question about posting payments to a prepayment request and then reconciling the final invoice. We create a sales order and then a prepayment request for 100% of the sales order. The customer then pays for the goods. We put in the payment under the incoming payment screen against the prepayment invoice. This then closes the prepayment request.

We then ship the goods to the customer creating a delivery note from the sales order. Then we create a final invoice for the customer. All OK so far I think. Then the help page tells me to go again to the incoming payment screen, select the business partner and then select the prepayment invoice and the final invoice and all will be OK. BUT we cannot add the incoming payment because we get a message " Confirmation amount must be > zero".

What are we doing wrong. We have tried to do a standard reconciliation in the banking module, but this leaves a double posting amount in the VAT account.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

By Pre Payment I believe you are referring to Down Payment Invoice. After you have processed an Incoming Payment for the Downpayment invoice there is no need to go to the Incoming Payment again to reconcile the downpayment.

You would link the downpayment from the AR Invoice itself. Please read this document https://websmp107.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_FRAME=CONTAINER&_OBJECT=011000358700000738282007E

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

The document is a Down payment request and the problem we are having is reconciling the final invoice when the goods are shipped to the customer. I tried the link but got a message Not authorized to view this object.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen

One more thing, can you try to use the down payment invoice rather than the down payment request. The request does not handle tax the same way as the invoice method. This should resolve the issue you are having with tax.

Kind regards

Peter Juby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen

Once the down payment is paid, a second incoming payment is not required as the first was a 100% allocation of the invoice amount. You will notice that the total when adding the invoice is zero. The invoice is also automatically reconciled. If this is not the case on your side, let me know.

Kind regards

Peter Juby