cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Predefined Text

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have defined the predefined text in Administration--->Setup>general--->Predefined Text where can i use this Predefined Text and how. I has searched in Marketing documents form settings there is only free text.

I want to retrive the text which i has entered in Predefined Text at marketing documnets. How?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to open up a marketing document like Sales Quotation or Sales Order, then with the form open, go into Form Settings and turn on the "Type" field and save your form settings.

Now, in that document at the row level, you will see a new column called "Type". When you enter a "T"ext type row, you will have the opportunity to add your boilerplate pre-entered text.

Hope this helps

Mike

former_member204969
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Additionally if you right click on the document, you can add opening and closing remarks and insert predefined texts into them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sandy

Open any marketing documents and go to form settings make TYPE field active and Visible. U can get this field visiblein marketing doc, in this you can find Text, Subtotal and regular. Go to text and Click on the option Predefined text, then you can get the predefind text you have assaigned.

Regards

Venkata Siva Reddy P

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should use it in print layouts as predefined texts (when you want to change some text in print layout, you dont need to write it hard and after change you dont need to change it on all used documents but in db).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

But I want tu use it in Marketing documents where i can see the predefined text in the document.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its for service type documents only. Look at

there is it explained.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In OPDT table all the predefined Text will be stored. You can rereive the datas from this table to PLD's and print it wherever it is necessery.

OPDT -TEXTCODE - is Text Code given for that Predefined Text.

OPDT - TEXT - is the Predefined Text.

Raja.S