cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PR Release Strategy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For item level PR release i am using already existing class in the system.

This class frg_eban already has characteristics like ( plant, purch group, mrp controller, value ) used by some other release strategies.

Now for the new release code and strategy which has been set up , it is desired that in the field MRP Controller "any value" and "no value" should be allowed for release strategy.

Do let me know how to do this.

If i enter * against MRP controller in cl20n then release doesot come up if MRP controller is blank in PR

if i leave blank against MRP controller in cl20n then release does not come up if any value is populated in MRP controller in PR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

then it is better to deactivate the mrp controller characteristic for the class.

in order to deactivate, goto cl02 and delete the MRP controller characteristic for your class.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If MRP controller value is * or blank then why do you require it as a characterstic as it is not going to have any control on the release strategy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I cannot delete characteristic MRP Controller from the class because it is used by some other strtaegyt hat belongs to same class.

Let me rephrase the question:

Is it possible to assign below values to a caharcterisitc

Value : X ; Y ; Z and Blank, that means release should pick up if the value of characteritic is either X or Y or Z or blank

OR

Is it advisable to create new class in the system for item level PR release when one class already exists which is being used for item level PR release

Former Member
0 Kudos

then it is better to create 2 release strategy, one with mrp controller blank and other release strategy with mrp controller value as *

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got the solution by tweaking the characteristic parameters in CT04, thanks guys for replying anyways.

ajitkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you may have to have a strategy where you give all the MRP controllers as char value. for those with MRP controller, this will get triggered

have another release strategy where there is no value for MRP controller characterisitc. this will get triggered when the MRP controller is blank