Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

we have two plants (plant1 and plant2)

when iam creating production order for a finished product in plant1 (for which there is no BOM),through CO01, while maintaining components, if i give for some of components plant2(in place of plant1), system is accepting.Why is it?

my doubt is ,as this order is for plant1, it should accept components of plant1 only.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

answerd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maybe , you would have created that components in plant2.

when u do the multiplant planning system will create order reservation based on the plant selected at Component overview.

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

The case you have explained is possible. It is called as "Withdrawal from alternate plant". Though the prodn happens in a plant you can have the components issues directly from an another plant. You can also set a special procurement in material master for this to happen automatically.

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

can u please explain, where the special procurement setting in material master is to be set in this case

Former Member
0 Kudos

Special procurement key (70 in std) in the component material would be required to be set when you want that component to be always withdrawn from the alternate plant. But it is not mandatory that you have to maintain. If you maintain what happens is that when planned/ prod orders are created the alternate plant automatically comes as the withdrawal plant. Hence reservations are directly created in the alternate plant.

Without having this sp proc key you need to manually change in the planned or prod order.

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

In material master MRP2 view you will have to maintain the special procurement key.

Regards,

Anand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Following Special procurement key are available

40 - Stock tranfer between plants

70 - withdrawl from alternate plant

80 - production in alternate plant

The above SPK`s shouuld be selected at MRP view of material for which u want to do multi plant planning.

The above SPK `swill come into the effect only when running the MRP.

If u create the prod order manullay , u have to select the suitable plant manually at component over view

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pradeep,

SPK would be effective not only for MRP but manual order creations too.

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramanujan,

Thanks for pointing out, what i am trying to say is, if SPK =80 has been maintained for component at plant 1000, (assume withdrwal plant 2000)

when we create prod order for Header material manually, system will not pick the plant 2000 for component.

If we run the MRP, it will do.

Anyway thanks for your contribution after very long time.

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pradeep,

Please try it and check it for yourself !

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramanujan.

I agree with you.

Pradeep