Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poultry Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

Please suggest solution for following scenario in poultry

We are implementing sap in poultry. After receiving live birds, for growing them regular feed and medicines are provide, that cost should be load on birds and material given to them should be consumed.

How to map this in MM?

Vipin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You could try out this way

1) Create a seperate material code for Raw bird( witout medicines) and Treated bird( after medicines)

2) Create a regular PO ,GR and IV for the feed and medicines .This will cause an incease of valuated stock of feed nad medicines

3) Create a BOM for treated bird with Raw bird,medicines,feed as input

4)Create a production order and issue the input material through 261 movement

5)Finally make GR for treated bird .Thus the treated bird will be valuated at a value which is a summation of raw bird ,proportionate feed ,medicines and overhead cost

Regards

Sandeep

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could possibly issue the Treated bird to Asset through movement type 241.

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, sandeep

this movent type works in my scenario

Vipin

udo_werner
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Vipin,

I would suggest to treat the birds as a production order or product cost collector. The chicken, the medicine and the feeding would be treated as materials consumed (order confirmations) and at the end you would have a goods receipt of poultry. Sounds funny but would fit.

best regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Udo and Sandeep

Thanks for your suggestion but problem is that after 24 week they start laying then I have to depreciate their cost accordingly eggs produced, I think I have to create them as asset so can I can appreciate and depreciate their value, please suggest if any solution.

Vipin