cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Postings to B/S accounts with cost object 'Cost centre'

Former Member
0 Kudos

User has done a mistake by giving cost GL account as balance sheet account instead of P&L while postings to cost centre.

But B/S GL has not been created as cost element also. How the system has been accepted the postings to B/S GL with cost centre, eventhough that is not a cost element/B/S Account.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Whether GL is cost ele or not - You can still enter a CO object in the posting... In such cases, system issues a Warning message... try in OBA5 if you can set this error as Warning...

however, note that it wont create any harm... The posting wont go in CO as long as you dont create it as a cost element

Create a new GL as Cost element and pass a JV to shift the balance from current GL to the new GL

br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

What u have told is correct. Can I have the message Application area and message number, so that i will make it as error instead of warning.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

What u have told is correct. Can I have the message Application area and message number, so that i will make it as error instead of warning.

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess the msg is

-

Do not assign any objects in cost accounting to account XXXXXX

Message no. KI 281

-

I just checked in OBA5... This msg is not available in OBA5... You can use Validation in FI Ob28 (exit rggbr000)

br. Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, and you can see CC in BSEG?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

My issue is - 1. how the system allowed cost centre postings for Balance sheet account, which is not a cost element.

2. How to control such type of postings in future.

Regards,

B.Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Cost element is prerequisite to post to any cost objects like cost center, internal order etc...So, verify whether it is created as cost element or not. Standard SAP cannot accept posting to cost center without created as cost element.

Regards,

Sreekanth