Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting periods in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru's

There is requirement from our client which is as follows

Currently we have 12 normal periods and 4 special periods

Say for example we are in the month of February and books for January has not closed yet.

So in OB52 both January and February is open.

What my client wants is that although the both the periods are open but after 30th January system should not allow posting for the dates 1-30th January and should only post  in 31st January and February.

For example:-

From 31st Jan till the time period for January is open system should only allow the posting date 31st January and no other date in January.

Similary for all subsequent months

As of now , If i keep open January , it is allowing to post in the all the days if January.

If i close it , it will not allow me to post in any day of january.

And this change will be applicable to my leading ledger and not to any extended ledger.

Really appreciate all your help.

Thanks

Archit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member188028
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check authorization group option in OB52 screen, using this you can restrict previous period access to limited users. Pease find F1 help of this field.

Authorization Group

The authorization group allows extended authorization protection for particular objects. The authorization groups are freely definable. The authorization groups usually occur in authorization objects together with an activity.

Use

A posting period can be made available to only a limited set of users using the authorization group.

Procedure

If only a limited set of users is to be able to post in a particular posting period, proceed as follows:

• Add the posting period authorization (authorization object F_BKPF_BUP) to the authorizations of the selected users. Assign an authorization group (e.g. '0001').
  • Enter the account type '+' for the posting period variant to which the restriction is to apply. Enter the period(s) whose use is to be restricted in the first period, those which are available to all users in the second period, and the authorization group (e.g. '0001') in the last column.

Examples

A posting period can be successively restricted. If, e.g. 10 users have the posting period authorization with authorization group '0001', and 3 of these 10 users also with authorization group '0002'.

If the period is only to be accessible to the 10 selected users the authorization group '0001' is entered in the posting period variant. Access can later be restricted to the remaining 3 users by entering '0002'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali

This will not work as I dont want to restrict few users.

What I want is for organisational purpose , any entry on the last day of the month and days thereafter should post only to last day of month.

although the both the periods are open but after 30th January system should not allow posting for the dates 1-30th January and should only post  in 31st January and February.

For example:-

From 31st Jan till the time period for January is open system should only allow the posting date 31st January and no other date in January.

Similary for all subsequent months

suma_mani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Archit,

Not possible through customization. Try with Validation functionality with user exit.

GGB0 ,OB28 relevant transaction codes & RGGBR000 User exit module pool.

Add logic with using of T009B table.

Regards

Mani Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Archit

I am not sure about any standard functionality in SAP to cater to your requirement, however I recommend to tactfully work out a FI Validation which reads open periods from OB52 (Table T001B).

Hope it helps

Regards

Mustafa Sakerwala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Archit,

you can write small validation it will work

we have to maintain the set for dates as below which date onwards system should allow the posting.

table : bkpf filed budat

from 31.01.2014 i.e which date onwards system should allow. to data will be 31.03.9999

use validation as below

pre check :

BKPF-BUKRS = 'IN08'

check  :

BKPF-BUDAT IN ZPOST

mess : Posting Date not allowed for date &

check it it wil work.

Regards,

Raman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Will this take care across module?

Former Member
0 Kudos

it will not allow any a/c entries. we have maintian the dates in set.

Regards,

Raman

Former Member
0 Kudos

it will work all modules

subhadeep_das
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if it is  only for FI then you can do it with a validation. else if this function has to work across all modules then you need to create a small ABAP development. I think this restrcition will be only till end of march. From April since you will again have the regular posting period coming in place, hence i feel you should not tamper with your FY variant (eg V3) or posting periods.

best regds

Subha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhadep

This will be across module.Do you think this is possible through a ABAP program.

What kind of programming logic should be written to restrict this?

Thanks

Archit