Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting of material price change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

Is there any possibility to set up posting of material price
change on different accounts? Same material on same plant should be posted on different
account based on business decision.

Business take decision to decrease price base on reason „x“
and it should be posted on one cost account, but if business take decision to
decrease price based on reason „y“ it should be posted on another account.

Is there any possibility to customize this? If not is there
any user exit or some enhancement that should be used?

Thanks,

Anna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Material Price change will triggers revaluation gain/loss account which assigned in T.code: OBYC with UMB key with material

valuation class where you can assign one G/L account in "Debit G/L" & "Credit G/L" column for gain/loss. 

To serve your purpose consult FICO consultant to have two G/L account in "Debit G/L" & "Credit G/L" column!!!!

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Biju,

Yes, but in same plant (same valuation group) and same valuation class I need two or more debit accounts. Because this accounts depend on business decision.

Thanks,

Anna

former_member186100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anna ,

I don't think there is a standard way of doing it. You open for shady workarounds? If yes i can propose some.

one of them is opening entry to material and G/L in MIRO , refer a dummy PO number and

• enter material and value you want to debit or credit in material tab
  • enter offsetting account and offsetting value in G/L tab

simulate and post , value will hit inventory and you intended revaluation account , without hitting PO history  or vendor account. But of course allowing such entries are process control threat. Do get approval from you system audit department and document this process , be extra careful in controlling authorization too.

cheers

Avinash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Avinash, this is very creative idea.

former_member186100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

would you like to have some more ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Of course, always!

former_member186100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

another one is little tedious then previous one but i think will be lot easier to control authorization wise.

create 2 new movement type say z01  ( copy 201) and z02  (copy 202) , open Gl account and amount in LC for input in these movements.

for example you have to increase 1000 Rs  in inventory

in MIGO --

create 2 line items with 

line itemmovt typeqty amount in lcG/l account
001z0211001whichever one  you wanted
002z0111whichever one  you wanted

you can do it via MB1A  , but it will take 2 steps. Movement types are authorization objects so you can restrict it to single responsible id for revaluation.

ajitkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i dont think it is possible since tekey UMB ( Gain loss from revaluation ) doesn't have account modifier, if you look in omwn.