cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting Channel--Insight?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

Is there any reason why a posting published would not be marked as 'X' in the table T77RCFEXTPUB...it is still searchable through the 'application via ref code' ( beause it is a databse search directly?)...

I have used ONLY the standard posting channes 001 and 002, as maintained in the system...

Any insights would be deeply appreciated!!!

Thank you...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

romanweise
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if a posting instance in status published with a valid publication period (start date lower / equal today, end date greater / equal today) has an entry in T77RCF_EXT_PUB but no published flag this indicates that either the periodical services (Job in SM37) are not running at all or the job is dieing from an error / dump before the publishing is reached. I also have seen cases where due to a server restart the job is running "infinite". This is an general effect that jobs may not change to aborted status in the job scheduling on server shutdown. As the periodical services for e-recruiting have a check that the job won't do anything if another job instance is still running the periodical services are green in SM37 but do nothing. If you are familiar with SM36/SM37 you can check this on your own, if not or if the joblogs are deleted you might need a tech guy to do for you.

If the periodical services are running fine check IMG that noone accidently deactivated the service in the customizing.

As a last addition, the search via reference code is not using the TREX. So you will find the publications in every case no matter if the publishing to the TREX is running or not.

Kind Regards

Roman

PS: There is another situation which can lead to a missing published flag. This is when changing the posting and releasing it again triggers the republishing. This removes the flag in the table so the periodical service is processing it again. But this is only an interim state so probably not your situation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Roman

Sorry for the late reply but the periodic services, as you said, is all green tab but I am not sure if it is running correctly with the standard classed...we are checking the same. In case not, we may do a server restart.

However, there is another peculiar thing...On the user interface, the questionairres exist and are assigned to the process templates eventually the requisition but are NOT visible as part of the application wizard?

Could it be due to the reason that jobs are not getting published correctly in T77RCF_EXT_PUB?!

Would really appreciate your insight and valued guidance!!

romanweise
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Tania,

the missing questionaires in the application wizard have nothing to do with you publication problems.

Besically you need 2 configuration steps that the questionaires appear in the application wizard. In the IMG under the Activity / questionaire configuration you will find a node where you define if an activity type of questionaire catagory is supposed to use position dependent or eeo questionaires. In this maintenance view there is also a checkbox field which has to be checked that a questionaire assigned to a process template is displayed in the application wizard.

Furthermore you have to include the questionaire step in the application wizard container sequence (BSP) / roadmap configuration (WebDynpro).

If both settings are done, the questionaire is released and the process template is set the questionaire(s) should appear in the application wizard.

Kind Regards

Roman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roman

Are u referring to the table V77RCF_QACAT2ACT? Here I have checked the inclusion in the application wizard.

However, not sure about how to do the roadmap steps-since I am using the standard webdynpro candidate pages ( Ehp 3) with minimal customisation.

Thanks..

Tania

romanweise
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Tania,

if you have not changed the application wizard roadmap patterns you should see the questionaires. The standard setting includes the necessary step. In Web Dynpro you should see a roadmap step "Further information" under which the questionaire / questionaires are displayed.

If this is still not working check that you used an activity for otype NE and it might be necessary to check SLG1 for any error log entries.

Best Regards

Roman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roman,

With regards to the questionairre, I was able to get it to populate in the application wizard, dynamically so issue resolved.

However, with regards to posting of jobs and seaching through TREX, I had to check ses_Admin and manually create the index for INT_POER and EXt_POST? Once I did that, I was able to find the postings in the 'employment opportunities' tab of the candidate webdynpro page through a widlcard search entry (*)....

However, the table T77RCF_eXT_PUB still does not show the 'X' mark in the published entry...Not sure why this anomaly and also, will i have to manually do the following activities in QA/Prod--

1.Create/kickstart indexes each tim in SES_ADMIN?

2. Table Compare with client 000 for search profiles?

3. Re-generate recruiter/business admin URL's for BSP Pages through rcf_Generate_urls?

Would be great to gain complete clarity...

Thanks a ton!!